By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should support Sunset 2

Yes. insomniac wants to keep the IP. that ip will never be huge. its just a niche single player game. but Sony should absolutely do it. that game in no way will ever do well on an xbox console because Insomniac style fans are on the playstation side. Sony should absolutely fund and publish both SO2 and port the original. to PS5. 

would be a giant XD to microsoft because SO is probably their best or 2nd best exclusive IMO. 

Last edited by MasterThief - on 06 June 2018

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
MasterThief said:

Yes. insomniac wants to keep the IP. that ip will never be huge. its just a niche single player game. but Sony should absolutely do it. that game in no way will ever do well on an xbox console because Insomniac style fans are on the playstation side. Sony should absolutely fund and publish both SO2 and port the original. to PS5. 

would be a giant XD to microsoft because SO2 is probably their best or 2nd best exclusive IMO. 

I'm all for a new Sunset Overdrive game, especially on a Sony console, since it looks really fun and is one of the very few games the XBO has that I wish I could have on Playstation... but Microsoft published the first, so can't see it coming to a Playstation console, at least not for a while, who knows... 

Also how can you say a game that doesn't exist is "probably their best or second best exclusive"? It doesn't really make sense o.O

I mean the first one gonna edit that

twintail said:
Sunset is an awesome game but this ain't happening. Not with Ratchet, and now Spiderman. To a lesser extent Resistance. All 3 IPS are more valuable than Sunset, for better or worse

According to VCG the game sold well over 1 million copies on Xbox One early in its lifecycle...hardly fair to say it didn't do well.

Didn't have an insanely high budget as far as I am aware either.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

axumblade said:
I don't care what system it ends up on, I would love to play a new Sunset Overdrive xD

as long as its exclusive idc if its made. it would sell better on PS

I don't want garbage western publishers to lay their hands on it. 

User was banned for this post ~ Angelus

Last edited by Angelus - on 07 June 2018

Around the Network

I think they should. Its one of the few games on Xbox I REALLY wanted but alas, I didn't have a Xbone. The art style and the setting just screams Playstation.

MasterThief said:

would be a giant XD to microsoft because SO is probably their best or 2nd best exclusive IMO. 

Sounds like you really enjoyed the 1st game since you want a sequel. Lete hope for your sake,  MS doesnt break your heart and announce the Sequel at this E3 ;)

axumblade said:
I don't care what system it ends up on, I would love to play a new Sunset Overdrive xD

More gamers need to have this attitude. A good game is a good game. 

I think Sony's strategy is to bury Insomniac with other projects, so they won't be available to make another Sunset Overdrive for anyone :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

It seems lately Sony should do quite a lot of things. Give them a break, they also have phones and TVs to sell.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It would be best if every game releases on as many devices as possible but that's not our reality. So no, sony should not support sunset 2, XBone needs more good exclusives to keep the market competitive.