By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs more studios for PS5. and it has nothing to do with competition.

CGI-Quality said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
How about we all stop expecting photo realism and start focusing on just great, original and innovate games again? That would solve just about everything.

Or we can have both, as Detroit and God of War just proved. 

CGI - Im interested to hear ur take on Detroit.    I've heard mix things.  I just finished GoW and will probably pick it up next but i'm still on the fence. Would appreciate ur feedback.  (Sorry, I dont mean to side track the thread) 

Around the Network

I agree with ur overall sentiment. With the continuously increasing dev times, either generations need to grow longer (honestly, I would support this) or Sony needs to open 2-3 more major studios.

pitzy272 said:
I agree with ur overall sentiment. With the continuously increasing dev times, either generations need to grow longer (honestly, I would support this) or Sony needs to open 2-3 more major studios.

honestly they don't have to be major. just bigger than Pixelopus they are small. ~50 team minimum. sort of like MM. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
How about we all stop expecting photo realism and start focusing on just great, original and innovate games again? That would solve just about everything.

Sony are already doing all 4 of those. 

Kerotan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If so, we really don't need to be having this entire discussion because it would keep budgets in check.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

they are not doing all 4. all of their first party games are 3rd person action adventure games

The costs shouldn't be balooning though.

We have already transitioned into very high end gfx. The base tools should be there. If anything we shoudl be at a point where tool upgrades makes development easier not more complex.

I agree. They need to make studios for franchises like Twisted Metal, Wipeout, Ape Escape and more 'gamey' stuff. They can't just close every studio that doesn't make 3rd person cinematic games.

MasterThief said:

Sony has

ND-SPP-Bend-GG-Japan-MM-Poly-SanDiego-SSM. 

+ London Studio

+ Noth West Studio

+ Pixel Opus

(+ XDev ? - ok, they don't create games by themselves but assist dev in Playstation exclusive games)

Last edited by Lauster - on 06 June 2018

Lauster said:
MasterThief said:

Sony has

ND-SPP-Bend-GG-Japan-MM-Poly-SanDiego-SSM. 

+ London Studio

+ Noth West Studio

+ Pixel Opus

(+ XDev ? - ok, they don't create games by themselves but assist dev in Playstation exclusive games)

They also basically own QD and Bluepoint at this point. Also Sony works a lot with Insomniac games. Which will probably stick with Sony for a while now that their solo projects comercially flopped. But I am defenitely on board for either new or bigger studio's. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar