By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has alot of software in short period of time?

Plenty of indie games. Because the indie game library overall is huge, and the effort to port is pretty small, when a new platform is released, hundreds and even thousands of games can be ported over to the new platform relatively quickly.

Around the Network

Nintendo has a great arsenal of 1st party support, WiiU ports, and a few 3rd party ports.

The real answer to your question however is that the Switch has some of the best indie support currently available on consoles. Most of the older games are quick and easy to port because they are not demanding to begin with and new indies come to it due to how well they sell and fit into the portable nature of the console.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

dx11332sega said:

I checked wikipedia Nintendo already has 1000 games already How long until it surpasses Xbox One then PS4 . I dont think PS4 had that much software in 1 year and few months? How is Nintendo recieving large amount of games? If this keeps up it'll have more games than Xbox One next year ? And I love Xbox alot.. I also noticed like Nintendo recieves like 3x more eshop games than Xbox One games every month.

• Android/iOS games very easy to port thanks to similar hardware (a lot of them weren't considered as games before they were ported to dedicated consoles)
  • lack of quality control? no "Nintendo seal of quality" anymore
  • gold rush mood for many indie develoers due to some success stories
  • releasing arcade classics as separate games running on the same emulator instead of offering them in a compilation
  • 25% - 30% of the wikipedia entrys are "unreleased" or "TBA"... there are currently 700 - 800 (depending on the region) games available in the Switch eShop, not over 1000

thats not a good source to look at and anyway practically any app online counts as a game so theres that

MasterThief said:
thats not a good source to look at and anyway practically any app online counts as a game so theres that

There are no real "apps" on the Switch aside from Hulu...so theres that.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

First, there is no way I'd take that source as gospel. Are they using the same method and metrics?

Second, the Switch port barrage will eventually slow. The library building at that speed has a lot to do with launching later in the generation, not to mention the decision to pillage the Wii U's corpse.

Besides, if we're counting Wii U games, doesn't the Xbox One win easily with backwards compatibility?

Shiken said:
MasterThief said:

There are no real "apps" on the Switch aside from Hulu...so theres that.

I don't really count mini downloadables as games. most downloadables are mini games 

Likely because Nintendo fans are a lot more diehard fans that will scour every singe indie title released on the eShop and will add it to the Wikipedia page, whereas fans of other consoles really don't care as much about updating a Wikipedia page. Does Steam have all 20,000+ titles released on the platform on its Wikipedia page? I doubt it.

Megiddo said:

Likely because Nintendo fans are a lot more diehard fans that will scour every singe indie title released on the eShop and will add it to the Wikipedia page, whereas fans of other consoles really don't care as much about updating a Wikipedia page. Does Steam have all 20,000+ titles released on the platform on its Wikipedia page? I doubt it.

I need to see some evidence instead of supposition. Are you saying that Switch users enjoy their console more than PC users do?

pokoko said:
First, there is no way I'd take that source as gospel. Are they using the same method and metrics?

Second, the Switch port barrage will eventually slow. The library building at that speed has a lot to do with launching later in the generation, not to mention the decision to pillage the Wii U's corpse.

Besides, if we're counting Wii U games, doesn't the Xbox One win easily with backwards compatibility?

Going by this logic, you can't count even remasters/ports of older generations on Xbox One. lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won