By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Aces Online Tournament Demo Impressions!

Favorite character in the demo?

Mario 3 11.11%

Peach 6 22.22%

Yoshi 3 11.11%

Bowser 2 7.41%

Waluigi 4 14.81%

Toad 0 0%

Spike 3 11.11%

Rosalina 4 14.81%

Chain Chomp 2 7.41%

Total:27

Managed to get a few games in and damn is it good! They weren't lying when they said there's a good deal of strategy and depth to this game! The different shot types do more than simply change the color of the ball's trail, and charging them up is also pretty important. Though I've learned the hard way that trick shots are not to be made frequently hehe.

The added layer in Zone moves indeed doesn't overcentralize the game and aren't auto-win buttons. While Zone Speed can be used whenever letting you hit shots you wouldn't have otherwise due to your mistake, doing so means you'll have less gauge to counter their Zone Shots. Additionally, you can potentially win the whole match with just 2 Special shots, but that's only if your opponent allows it. Unless they absolutely have to try and block, they can give up the point but leave you with little energy gauge left.

I have never owned a Mario Tennis game before (though I've played a little of the N64 one), but that's definitely gonna change now. Still not sure if I'll get it day one, but eventually for sure! Well those are my quick thoughts, feel free to share yours aswell!

Around the Network

I didnt knew itwas already online!!

Do you think it'll be fun for people who aren't interested in the deep mechanics?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Gotta remember to download it!

Signature goes here!

Chorlin said:
I didnt knew itwas already online!!
Yep the Japan and Europe demos are now live! Unless you're in or near Japan, I'd recommend playing the EU demo for better connections.

vivster said:
Do you think it'll be fun for people who aren't interested in the deep mechanics?
There is a simple mode that's without the Zone maneuvers aswell as a motion control mode, but the best way to answer that question is to simply play it for yourself!

Around the Network

I've played two matches now, and it's laggy to the point of being unplayable

melbye said:
I've played two matches now, and it's laggy to the point of being unplayable
It shows you the connection strength with the other player before you accept the match, though it's not always accurate. What I thought was a 3 bar match once turned into 1 bar, input delay and slowdown galore. Other than that it's been pretty solid for me, and that was on the Japanese demo. Just keep trying and you should find good games.

Online is nearly unplayable for me. Waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaggyyyyyyyyyyy.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

The EU demo?
I'm definitely downloading that one, I can't wait to try this game anymore.

Marth said:
My first impression: I am shit at this game and wished there was proper matchmaking.
While the game itself plays great geting destroyed by people who have hundreds of points already is annoying.

Well, its a demo.Doubt Nintendo is worried about matchmaking with something that is a glorified demo.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1