By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Quest surpasses one million downloads on Switch

pretty cool lil game from what I've played so far, got about 3 hours of fun from it with no purchase required, if you want to enjoy it casually it seems to be decent at what it offers. You'll likely get 6 charges in a play if you spend a bit of time between stages gearing up and managing your team.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

A million is good but this game like Super Mario Run before it will live and die on people investing into it. I have no intention of even downloading it to my Switch but I hope it does well. This isn't a game aimed at me or the audience I am associated with but it doing well only means more stuff in the franchise I might enjoy can be released.

Played it for like 3 mins, lame.

Considering it's both Pokemon and free, I'm surprised it hasn't hit 2m yet.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

piggychan said:
Jumpin said:

Now the question - how many played beyond the 20-minute mark?

From what I played, it's less interesting than the worst of the 3DS street pass games.

To be fair, I got into most of the street pass games quite a bit. Even on this forum, I'm more than willing to admit I'm a fan of casual games. Some casual games are great, others are shite.

A few hours now since it became available.  the cooking and levelling is a exp grinders delight but it limits you on how many times you can play a day.. unless you want to pay for it otherwise just gotta be patient.

That's a common feature among casual games, and how they monetize.

Basically, casual games are designed for players to play short sessions, but to continue coming back again and again for months or even years. While this model currently flourishes on mobile, Brain Age on DS was the first game ever branded as a casual game; although it wasn't the first, even from Nintendo, as Nintendo had Animal Crossing on the N64 in Japan, first; and there were also games like this on browsers dating back to the 1990s where you'd log in, set stuff to build, and come back in X hours.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Now the question - how many played beyond the 20-minute mark?

From what I played, it's less interesting than the worst of the 3DS street pass games.

To be fair, I got into most of the street pass games quite a bit. Even on this forum, I'm more than willing to admit I'm a fan of casual games. Some casual games are great, others are shite.

I second this. The Street Pass games at least have some gameplay. In Pokemon Quest, you don't steer the Pokemon, you just choose the time to attack. You can even "autoplay" the levels.

I like the configuration of the pokemon and the cooking is also neat. But the real gameplay is so boring, that I let the game play itself alone. I use the time to play something else on my 3DS ...