By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The lack of arcade racers is an eyesore.

Chris Hu said:
GOWTLOZ said:

NFS Hot Pursuit has car classes.

Simulation and arcade are distinctions based entirely on physics, car classes are just gameplay mechanics. They can't make arcady physics realistic.

Again just because Horizon has arcady physics doesn't make it a pure arcade racer.  Also all the Need For Speed games are much closer to being pure arcade racers then any of the Horizon games.

Need For Speed originally was an arcade racer. Nowadays they play more like a sim.

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
I really miss Midnight Club. I loved all those games and wish they’d revamp the series. Have never liked any other racer as much as I’ve liked that series.

I thought Midnight Club II was great. Midnight Club Los Angeles was such a disappointment it pretty much killed the series.

Meanwhile on mobile phones:

View on YouTube

I just want another Motorstorm. I loved Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

Conina said:

Meanwhile on mobile phones:

View on YouTube

That looks awesome! IMO Asphalt 8 is a better game than the recent Need for Speed/The Crew games. Wish we could have this on console.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
ThatDreamcastTho said:
Chris Hu said:

Again just because Horizon has arcady physics doesn't make it a pure arcade racer.  Also all the Need For Speed games are much closer to being pure arcade racers then any of the Horizon games.

Need For Speed originally was an arcade racer. Nowadays they play more like a sim.

Need For Speed Payback has very acady physics when it comes to drifting I usually suck at drifting but I'm halfway decent in Need For Speed Payback.  That being said I doubt I will actually try to get the achievement for getting a 3 star rating in all the activities.

ThatDreamcastTho said:
FentonCrackshell said:
I really miss Midnight Club. I loved all those games and wish they’d revamp the series. Have never liked any other racer as much as I’ve liked that series.

I thought Midnight Club II was great. Midnight Club Los Angeles was such a disappointment it pretty much killed the series.

I thought Midnight Club LA was decent it was just a bit too hard for my liking though.