Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Announced, full reveal at E3

Chris Hu said:
They should have skipped ancient Greek and have it set in ancient Rome instead that would have been a bit more interesting. But I'm guessing they didn't want to do that since pretty much the whole Enzio trilogy was set in Italy already.

When Origins was first leaked by Kotaku a few years ago, they said it was  part of a trilogy. Then, the first person who leaked Assassin's Creed Odyssey a few weeks ago confirmed it is meant to be a loosely connected trilogy. According to that leaker, the 3rd and final game of the trilogy is set in Rome in 1st century AD. 

Around the Network

Wasn't expecting one this year, thought the next AC game would come holiday 2019.

I imagine if it's being shown at this e3 it's 2018 or Q1 2019.

Wonder if this means watchdogs 3 isn't at e3.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Barkley said:
Wasn't expecting one this year, thought the next AC game would come holiday 2019.

I imagine if it's being shown at this e3 it's 2018 or Q1 2019.

Wonder if this means watchdogs 3 isn't at e3.

I'm hearing it won't be. Supposedly they're doing a thing this year where they invite a youtuber/streamer or pro gamer who is known for playing each of their games to represent that game on stage, I guess because they don't want awful scripted gameplay demos with developers playing. Last I heard youtubers/streamers had been confirmed for Assassin's Creed, For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, Just Dance, Beyond Good and Evil 2, and The Division 2. Nobody has come forward to say they're representing Watch Dogs on stage, or Splinter Cell for that matter, though that might just be because they're trying to keep those 2 a secret up until E3, so they swore whoever is representing them to secrecy. However, the leakers are saying that AC Odyssey is Q4 2018 or Q1 2019, and they are saying that Ubisoft wants to focus on just marketing Splinter Cell Holiday 2019, so that doesn't really leave much room for Watch Dogs 3 release window wise. Starting to think they decided to delay it till next gen so they could work on a new engine for it and finally offer graphics that are as good as or better than the initial Watch Dogs 1 reveal. 

I take it Ubisoft is now going back to tossing out more Creed games yearly now.

Chazore said:

It's possible, in the most recent official Assassin's Creed survey they asked the fans if they wanted a return to yearly, guess the majority asked for yearly. Fortunately, because they have 3 different main AC teams, the 1 year delay for Origins gave the other 2 teams an extra year as well, which means they can go back to yearly again to finish the Origins trilogy with each game having 4 years of development, so quality shouldn't suffer. After that 3rd game though, we'd see a return to 3 years of development per game, unless they take another 1 year break again, or switch to 4 main AC teams. Taking a 1 year break after the 3rd Origins trilogy game releases would make sense, the next game after the trilogy ends will most likely be the first next-gen/PC only AC game, which means they'll need extra time to upgrade the engine for next gen. 

Around the Network

I should be excited...I'm quite fond of ancient Greece (more of Minoans to be honest, but I'll take anything), just like I'm sucker for ancient Egypt, yet Origins was just another pointless Ubi open world (with nice landscapes), so I'm not getting tricked again.

Last edited by HoloDust - on 01 June 2018

shikamaru317 said:
Chazore said:

It's possible, in the most recent official Assassin's Creed survey they asked the fans if they wanted a return to yearly, guess the majority asked for yearly. Fortunately, because they have 3 different main AC teams, the 1 year delay for Origins gave the other 2 teams an extra year as well, which means they can go back to yearly again to finish the Origins trilogy with each game having 4 years of development, so quality shouldn't suffer. After that 3rd game though, we'd see a return to 3 years of development per game, unless they take another 1 year break again, or switch to 4 main AC teams. Taking a 1 year break after the 3rd Origins trilogy game releases would make sense, the next game after the trilogy ends will most likely be the first next-gen/PC only AC game, which means they'll need extra time to upgrade the engine for next gen. 

I don't really see a yearly thing as being all that great. It eventually exhausts the IP (as if it already hasn't).

Nem said:
lol Odyssey. Mario much? ^^
(Yes, i know it's a book, but the coincidence is funny)
Anyways, i thought they had learned their lesson with yearly installments, but clearly not. Let's hope it isn't. Even if theres more time to develop the titles, the fatigue will settle in again.

Also the fact that Odyssey comes from a Greek word. The story of Odysseus.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

At this rate we will have a great lack of surprises this E3.

Very nice Assassin's Creed: Origins was great game and I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Ancient Greece is amazing and a still very fresh setting in this industry.