By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS to do the "Halo, Gears, Forza" formula again?

At this point it's pretty much the full name of the company: MicrosoftHaloGearsForza...

But if Xbox owners are happy with this endless cycle, good for them.

Around the Network
couchmonkey said:
pitzy272 said:
If those continue to be the best games MS can offer, I’ll continue to regret my XBO purchase. I’m a couple hours into Sunset Overdrive right now, and I’m definitely not loving it. If the game doesn’t improve, Cuphead will remain the only good exclusive on the XBO (imo). I thought I would like Ori and Gears 4, but unfortunately that was not the case.

Sorry yo hear that! I started following a strategy of waiting for 3 "must have" games on a console that has improved my decision making, maybe that ould help you out in future.

@ot: isn't an annual Forza a given?  Halo and Fears eouldn't shock me either, so yeah, they need something elsr.

Well, it was on sale for like $230 with Minecraft (which I planned to sell) two Black Fridays ago, and I wanted a 4K Blu-ray player. I also was excited for Cuphead, Ori, Gears 4, and mildly excited for SSO. Cuphead was freakin awesome, but Ori bored me enough after 5 hrs that I stopped playing, and Gears took even less time than that. Playing SSO currently, and after 4h or so, I’m starting to enjoy it some, so that’s something. 

With Spider-Man almost done, it is probably time for insomniac to announce what is next in the pipeline. So sunset overdrive 2 isn’t really a stretch. The problem is that the first sunset overdrive wasn’t very successful. I don’t think insomniac is going to go down that road again...

Mcube said:
VAMatt said:

I have very high expectations for Halo 6.  I think they know that they have to knock it out of the park next time.  XB lost a lot of market share this generation.  If it weren't for Halo loyalists, they'd have lost even more. If they go without a mega-hit Halo for a whole generation, it will be even harder to keep people in the XB universe for the next gen.  

Forza games have been great forever.  I expect that to continue.  

Gears..... eh, I dunno.  I don't feel like the series is all that important anymore.  I certainly don't care about it, personally.  

I mean Gears is the sole reason I bought a Xbox one. I enjoy Halo alot and I´ve never played a Forza game it was Fable, Gears and Dead rising that made me get one. 

It is certainly possible that Gears is more significant that I think.  I've never been into the series, so it could just be that it isn't important to me.  

As for Forza, I've played the ones that were "free" with XBL, and I bought a couple in a dirt cheap bundle.  I've never completed one, but I enjoy a few days of Forza a couple times per year.  

Anyway, I really hope Halo 6 kicks ass. 

You gotta be stupid if you're surprised about a new Forza. That's like being surprised about their being a new COD title every year. If they stop this formula, Xbox fans will be pissed off, when they keep this formula, Sony fans complain about a console they don't own. Just stay on your side of the fucking border for once.
These 3 franchises are core to the experience, and without them I would ditch my Xbox. They experiment with plenty of new IP's, and they're getting back into revisiting old IP's with Crackdown and Fable 4 (Not announced, but known about) making returns after a long ass time.

Around the Network

Well, I suppose you should cater to the fanbase you already have before going after new fans.

Are you paying attention, Kathleen Kennedy?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

gergroy said:
With Spider-Man almost done, it is probably time for insomniac to announce what is next in the pipeline. So sunset overdrive 2 isn’t really a stretch. The problem is that the first sunset overdrive wasn’t very successful. I don’t think insomniac is going to go down that road again...

I think it’s been strongly suggested that Insomniac will continue making the Spider-Man games after the first. That could change if their first attempt is poor, but I think that’s pretty doubtful. 

Halo should always be on the table as its their Mario franchise. It and Xbox are synonymous and should remain that way for as long as Xbox is a thing.

pitzy272 said:
gergroy said:

I think it’s been strongly suggested that Insomniac will continue making the Spider-Man games after the first. That could change if their first attempt is poor, but I think that’s pretty doubtful. 

Well, that doesn’t really mean anything... insomniac can have multiple teams working on different projects.  However, I do find it unlikely that they are working on a new sunset overdrive because the first one did so bad... but I could see a new ip... or another ratchet game or something...

lol You act as if these franchises are being milked to death, we've only had one mainline game from Gears and Halo on xbox one

If the quality is there, I'm all for it. 343i really needs to deliver with the next Halo game.

And given the recent Studios, we can at the very least add Fable and whatever MS Santa Monica is going to be working on. Seems like MS is really interested in bringing back IPs given the Perfect Dark and Banjo rumors.