By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS to do the "Halo, Gears, Forza" formula again?

So if reddit-user SoMeh's leaks turns out to be true, MS are going to announce (yet) another Halo, Gears and Forza game on E3 this year.

The same user also said Sunset Overdrive 2 is going to be announced, but with Insomniac working on Spider-Man for PS4 I remain highly sceptical on this one.

But if those leaks about Halo, Gears and Forza turns out to be true, how would you react? Aren't xbox gamers looking for new franchises at this point, or do you think another entry in the same three franchises is enough?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8n7i4o/bethesda_is_announcing_fallout_vault_76/dzto3rj/

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:

So if reddit-user SoMeh's leaks turns out to be true, MS are going to announce (yet) another Halo, Gears and Forza game on E3 this year.

The same user also said Sunset Overdrive 2 is going to be announced, but with Insomniac working on Spider-Man for PS4 I remain highly sceptical on this one.

But if those leaks about Halo, Gears and Forza turns out to be true, how would you react? Aren't xbox gamers looking for new franchises at this point, or do you think another entry in the same three franchises is enough?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8n7i4o/bethesda_is_announcing_fallout_vault_76/dzto3rj/

I would love a new Halo game this year as for Forza and Gears, i can wait alittle longer.

Aslong as there good games i dont mind.

Also lets not forget Ori 2 and the possible rumours of a Banjo Remake and PD2 game. 

Besides MS arent just going to showcase Halo, Gears and Forza. There E3s are alot bigger than that.

Would be great to get something different...
But, Halo, Gears and Forza is a safe financial bet, so it makes sense they will push those cornerstone franchises out.

Hopefully they have some exclusives that will be a technical showcase for the Xbox One X hardware though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Leaks aside, as an Xbox owner, it's not that I'm sick of the three staple franchises. I love those games, so I'm never going to be mad about new entries. It's just that those are games we expect at this point. Even if you knock those games out of the park quality wise, there's not really a wow factor there anymore, because you understand what they're about, and you know exactly what you're walking into. It's important to create something from the ground up from time to time, so you can give people new worlds, characters, lore, and stories. No matter how great an established series is, unless you totally reinvent it, or every entry is completely independent from every other one, than you're never going to recreate that same sense of excitement you can get from a new IP.

So sure, give me more Halo, Gears, and Forza.....but you better have more than that

Not really. These are the big three franchises Xbox has and Im sure more is around the corner. Forza is expected every year, Halo 5 has had enough time for a new one and Gears is always great fun so I´d be pretty stoked to get them again. As long as we get Crackdown 3, a new IP and dig one of Rare´s old franchises up (as unlikely as that is) along with Sunset overdrive 2 there isnt much Microsoft could have done better for me this year (My expectations are as low as they can get). 

Around the Network

They're already doing.
Considering Halo is getting a "reboot" i'm excited to see in which direction it goes.

As for Gears, i have no clue how they are going to make it look like a sequel. Franchise needs some innovation.

Halo releases have really slowed down so I would be surprised if we didn't get one this e3. 360 had 5 Halo FPS titles, XBO has 2 and we're nearing the end of this generation.

Barkley said:
Halo releases have really slowed down so I would be surprised if we didn't get one this e3. 360 had 5 Halo FPS titles, XBO has 2 and we're nearing the end of this generation.

Maybe they finally understood that the quality has been going down since Bungie left so they´re trying to blow people away with Halo 6. 

We know all three studios are dedicated to those franchises so no surprise. What's surprising would be announcing them all at once since those are their three biggest franchise. The leak is totally fake though

Now the question is, what will the dates for these tiles be. Any of them 2018? (well forza obviously), 2019? 2020?

Assuming all this is real I reckon it'll be:

2018 - Forza Horizon 4
2019 - Sunset Overdrive 2 + Halo
2020 - Gears