By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Atari VCS Console PreOrder Live Full Specs

Will You be getting one?

Yes Definitely 1 3.23%

No 20 64.52%

Waiting for Supported Titles 8 25.81%

See Results 2 6.45%

Total:31

Don't care for mini consoles at all but I must say that this little console looks slick!

Around the Network

I'm just gonna wait to see how this is received. Plus Atari still makes games, right?

i still dont get the point of this thing existing. Atari isn't a world wide brand anymore with popularity. Not sure how they plan to get people to spend $230-$250 on it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
i still dont get the point of this thing existing. Atari isn't a world wide brand anymore with popularity. Not sure how they plan to get people to spend $230-$250 on it

In this case I think what we are seeing is them cashing in on nostalgia.  It's as good as a motivator as anything else. 

CosmicSex said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

In this case I think what we are seeing is them cashing in on nostalgia.  It's as good as a motivator as anything else. 

But is there a large enough group out there that still yearns for the Atari nostalgia for $250-$300, I'd say no.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

The people behind this thing are delusional.

I'm having a hard time seeing what the point of this console is. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

JRPGfan said:

Weaker than the Switch right? and able to play 100 really old Atari games.... sounds wonderfull for the low low price for just 199/299$.

*laughs*
This has to be a joke, it must right?

CPU and GPU compute could beat the Switch.
The real caveat is that DRAM. If it's single channel... It's going to be hampered significantly. Hopefully that isn't the case and it employs a 128-bit memory bus at a minimum.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

That bristol ridge CPU is most powerful in this gen.

We don't know yet. It all comes down to clockrates... If the CPU is running at a paltry 1ghz for example, then the Playstation 4 and Xbox One CPU's will be faster as they have more threads to play with.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Serious OUYA vibes here. They need to at least give some examples of the games it will offer to justify that steep price tag. The hardware sounds about on par with Switch, minus the portability. Kindof pointless if the games don’t hold up.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

CrazyGamer2017 said:

The Atari 2600  or VCS was my first ever gaming device so I'd be the perfect nostalgic target for this reboot. Unfortunately I have been paying attention and something is fishy with this new device. I'll wait and see how things go and what people who buy it has to say before making up my mind. But for now it's definitely NO.

This is almost exactly the comment I had planned to leave.  Thanks for taking care of that for me.