By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Core Series RPG is set for second Half Of 2019.

With  and , there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!

So not just they announced new Pokemon games for this year, free to play Pokemon game, but they also announced more traditional Pokemon game for next year.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 30 May 2018

Around the Network

5 new Pokemon games basically announced within an hour all for Nintendo Switch. We truly live in the best of times.

Makes me wonder if they'll have the main games next year be an early second half release or typical November release date. X and Y was released in early October, so I hope these ones get released the end of September or early October. I really don't wanna wait till next November lmao

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I'm happy they're taking their time with it, but considering the've had to work on the Go Pikachu/Eevee games, I wonder how much dev time will the 8th gen actually have.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm happy they're taking their time with it, but considering the've had to work on the Go Pikachu/Eevee games, I wonder how much dev time will the 8th gen actually have.

Likely a side team is making the Let's go games and since their spin-offs, creatures probably has a bigger hand than usual with them. I seen something earlier that the core 2019 Pokemon games have been in development since before the Switch released, so there should be plenty of dev time for them.

Around the Network

Hype for this too. Gonna be Generation 8.

2018 holiday: Smash/Pokemon Lets Go

2019 holiday: Metroid/Pokemon Gen 8

the hype train keeps rolling for me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Hype for this too. Gonna be Generation 8.

2018 holiday: Smash/Pokemon Lets Go

2019 holiday: Metroid/Pokemon Gen 8

the hype train keeps rolling for me

It interesting to see when Animal Crossing will be out, maybe March-April-May period. If you mentioned Metroid for holiday 2019. than you need to mention Fire Emblem also for this holiday, also we will probably have another announcement for this holiday season, maybe onother Wii U port.

This is what I was expecting tbh.
Even before rumors of Lets GO i assumed Pokemon was 2019 and they'd take a year off.
So even though im not 100% on Lets GO its a nice little bonus.
Also hell yeah they saving the Gen 4 remake for Gen 8 and not wasting it on the trash Gen 7.

RIP the dream. I'd always thought the new Pokémon game wouldn't come this year, until all the rumours started.

I'm glad they are taking time. Sun and Moon were not as good as X and Y. They felt rushed, characters looked awful. They need to take their time and make a better game.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.