By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

ohmylanta1003 said:
TheGamer_1995 said:

Ever heard of something called “hyperbole” 

Don't act like I'm dumb please. I just don't see the point of acting like this is the worst thing that's ever happened, even if it was hyperbole.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8814117

Around the Network

Everyone keeps saying there won't be wild battles, but I see no evidence of that.

I'll be picking up this I'm sure.

Looks to be a Yellow remake with some Go features. Didn't play much go, so I'll have to see what features they add. As for not weakening enemy and just throwing pokeball, that is fine by me. Weaking an enemy and then throwing a ball isn't hard. The only time it's somewhat stressful is if you're doing a nuzlocke and you can't try to recatch it if you accidently kill it. Also much like how they are getting rid of HM's slowly, so one doesn't need to bring around an HM slave, this makes it so I don't need to carry around a catch slave. You know the pokemon with sleep, paralyze or false swipe, ect. Besides, in Go you can 'weaken' enemies by throwing some food and what not do you not? This just reminds me of the safari in blue/red. (never actually played yellow)

But sounds like will be full story, trainer battles, online battles, level up pokemon. Did I hear alolan forms of original 151 as well? Wonder if we get evolutions of 151 that are outside gen 1 too. Also hoping Mew is hidden in the truck. Make that year old conspiracy canon, lol.

Last edited by irstupid - on 30 May 2018

shikamaru317 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Everyone keeps saying there won't be wild battles, but I see no evidence of that.

It was confirmed by The Pokemon Company last night, you can see it in multiple articles and on Serebii. You can see it in the trailer as well, as soon as the character walks into the grass and touches the wild Pidgey in the grass it immediately enters into a catching screen where the only UI options are "Get Ready" (to throw a Pokeball), " Help" (an option for the couch co-op feature), "Use Items" (an option to use berries and stuff to improve catch chances, similar to Pokemon Go), and "Run".

I'm assuming that trainer battles will be repeatable for levelling purposes since you can't use Wild Pokemon battles to level up now.

Oh wow. That sounds like garbage. The only way I see this working is if they include ten times more trainer battles than normal. Otherwise it will be a really short game without random encounters, and the ability to level Poke'mon via grinding on wild battles. 

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
shikamaru317 said:

It was confirmed by The Pokemon Company last night, you can see it in multiple articles and on Serebii. You can see it in the trailer as well, as soon as the character walks into the grass and touches the wild Pidgey in the grass it immediately enters into a catching screen where the only UI options are "Get Ready" (to throw a Pokeball), " Help" (an option for the couch co-op feature), "Use Items" (an option to use berries and stuff to improve catch chances, similar to Pokemon Go), and "Run".

I'm assuming that trainer battles will be repeatable for levelling purposes since you can't use Wild Pokemon battles to level up now.

Oh wow. That sounds like garbage. The only way I see this working is if they include ten times more trainer battles than normal. Otherwise it will be a really short game without random encounters, and the ability to level Poke'mon via grinding on wild battles. 

Well they could do the stupid GO feature where you catch a shit ton of pidgeys and turn them into food to level up another pidgey.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well they could do the stupid GO feature where you catch a shit ton of pidgeys and turn them into food to level up another pidgey.

No, they already said the Go candy does nothing.

Exp is in the game, you can even see it in the trailer.  Capturing Pokemon apparently still grants you some experience.

My bet is they will both increase the number of trainers and have some means to easily battle.  An arena or a system for re-battling.  They'll also probably balance leveling to take fewer battles to achieve.  

I'm not really a Pokemon fan myself, but I do find all of this interesting. I'm pretty sure they will be able to bring in some new people to Switch with this Pokemon Let's Go game, but the question is how many? I do think it will be more successful than Labo, but the question is how much more successful? Will it double Labo, or will it become a phenomenon like Wii Fit? Hard to say.

Looks like Nintendo sees this as a big November release though.

What’s funny is that I’ve just convinced myself that having no online would actually be a good thing, and then I come back here to see that there actually is online! 😂😂 And now I don’t want it hahaha.

Barkley said:
Does anyone dare to predict sales?

I dont know what the record is but it should be the Best Selling Pokemon Spin off game

Pocky Lover Boy! 

booshmightythe said:

I don't understand the disappointment with the graphics. The art style and the graphics look crisp, clean and more detailed that previous entries, a good step up from the 3DS games. What do people expect when taking into consideration the art style of Pokemon? A "Realistic" looking game would never work, its a Pokemon game...

Yep! People compared BOTW graphics to HZD and clearly HZD is much better but BOTW had a different tackle to graphics. 

Pocky Lover Boy!