By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

Leaning on picking Eevee. Pikachu, you've been in the limelight for plenty. Give other Pokemon a chance.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Leaning on picking Eevee. Pikachu, you've been in the limelight for plenty. Give other Pokemon a chance.

I feel the same way except my choice will likely depend on what the exclusive pokemons each version comes with.

Miyamotoo said:
areason said:
Nintendo have lost the plot.

This is a handheld game, but on a console. Looks like they aren't going to make a proper console Pokemon. Instead it's going to be handheld games that release on the Switch.

What thats what defines console Pokemon game compared to handheld Pokemon game? For instance this games offers local multiplayer play on one unit, past handheld games didnt offer that.

Also they said core Pokemon game is coming next year.

The scope of the game, it should look more like a 3D mario, then a 3DS Pokemon game.

areason said:
Miyamotoo said:

What thats what defines console Pokemon game compared to handheld Pokemon game? For instance this games offers local multiplayer play on one unit, past handheld games didnt offer that.

Also they said core Pokemon game is coming next year.

The scope of the game, it should look more like a 3D mario, then a 3DS Pokemon game.

I would expect that in 2019 imo.  Sun and Moon were moving things more in that direction already.  Let's Go is being framed as more of a bridging experiejce for those exposed to the brand through Go and such but intimidated about jumping into something like Gen 7 with hundreds and hundreds of Pokemon plus the elaborate meta.  Also it's a good way to ease lapsed fans back in and give new comers an easier point of entry.  To that end it is more chill and back to basics in a way.  

I expect Gen 8 will be more what you are looking for. 

Also, consider the technical leap they are making.  Going from PS2 level hardware to the Switch means all their tools and tech will need a massive overhaul.

Also, the explicitly stated the 2019 game will have very little in common with this.  It entered development before the Switch was announced and so is not influenced by Go.

morenoingrato said:

Holy cow that looks abysmal. Hell, I want to say the did not show it during E3 in order not underwhelm audiences so much.

It's good they realized they shouldn't debut it at E3 as this is not what people interested in E3 would want from a Pokémon Switch.

I'm not as mad at it as I thought I would be, actually. Thinking about it as a spin-off really makes sense. When was the last time GameFreak ever had a full on Pokémon ready for a new console in such a short time? Basically never. That's not to say I'm gonna buy this, 'cause I'm not, lol, but I'm okay with its existence.

Around the Network

Day one!
Looks even better than I imagined!

Currently playing Yellow version on the 3DS VC and can't wait to play again this november.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

areason said:
MasonADC said:

Their is nothing that proves that the 2019 game will have another direction.

Why make this one so different? 

I don't see why it wouldn't? 

TheGamer_1995 said:
I have never been more disappointed in my entire life.
Couple of questions:
Can I no longer just battle random Pokemon and not catch them?
Does catching Pokemon require you to do some physical moves or is there an option where you can use just buttons on the Switch or at leaste use the touchscreen when playing in handheld mode?

Then you have lived a very sheltered life. And this isn't the core game, so I don't know why you'd be so disappointed.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
TheGamer_1995 said:
I have never been more disappointed in my entire life.
Couple of questions:
Can I no longer just battle random Pokemon and not catch them?
Does catching Pokemon require you to do some physical moves or is there an option where you can use just buttons on the Switch or at leaste use the touchscreen when playing in handheld mode?

Then you have lived a very sheltered life. And this isn't the core game, so I don't know why you'd be so disappointed.

Ever heard of something called “hyperbole” 

TheGamer_1995 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Ever heard of something called “hyperbole” 

Don't act like I'm dumb please. I just don't see the point of acting like this is the worst thing that's ever happened, even if it was hyperbole.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.