By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Announced [Bethesda Twitter: Please Stand By]

What's it gonna be?

Fallout 5 6 15.00%

Fallout 3 Remastered 27 67.50%

Fallout Shelter 2 (yikes) 7 17.50%

Total:40
Kerotan said:
shikamaru317 said:

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Kotaku says it's an online survival game like Rust, DayZ, and Ark: Survival Evolved, according to 3 different sources they have. They said it started as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4, but has evolved over the course of development to get more survival elements. They say it will have quests and a story like any other Fallout game, as well as the base building elements of Fallout 4. One of the 3 sources says the gameplay is rapidly changing, and could be significantly different on release than it is right now. 

Pretty disappointing honestly, I really hope this isn't all they have to announce at E3 Fallout-wise, they teased a Fallout 3 Anniversary release pretty hard. 

Sounds like this could be big 

A big disappointment! I doubt that a multiplayer game is what the bethesda fanbase wanted. This is appealing to non-fallout fans, and my question is why? It will anger existing fans and the games already sell a hell of a lot. There was no need for this, if it proves to be true.

Around the Network

ESO made too much money so now Bethesda will monetize Fallout in the same way. It is what it is.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
ESO made too much money so now Bethesda will monetize Fallout in the same way. It is what it is.

ESO made too much money? Huh? According to what sources/statistics? I don't know about PC - but NOBODY plays ESO on X1/PS4.

As far as I'm concerned, Bethesda is basically throwing money away at ESO.

TranceformerFX said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

ESO made too much money? Huh? According to what sources/statistics? I don't know about PC - but NOBODY plays ESO on X1/PS4.

As far as I'm concerned, Bethesda is basically throwing money away at ESO.

Don't they have a few million players a month?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah, 2.5m monthly active players last June, which was 3 years after the game released, and 10m total players. 

I don't see how that is a failure to be honest. Lots of games would do anything for such numbers.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah, 2.5m monthly active players last June, which was 3 years after the game released, and 10m total players. 

Where the hell have I been... I remember some months before the Marrowind Expansion ESO was struggling. I guess they turned it around since I last kept up with it. Regardless, I stand corrected.

I've been under the assumption that ESO has been a sinking ship for the last year and a half.

TranceformerFX said:
shikamaru317 said:

Where the hell have I been... I remember some months before the Marrowind Expansion ESO was struggling. I guess they turned it around since I last kept up with it. Regardless, I stand corrected.

I've been under the assumption that ESO has been a sinking ship for the last year and a half.

Yeah. I think that allot of people had that assumption because it seemed like it was really struggling at some point.
Good they turned the ship around. I do have a copy, just haven't had time to get into it.

Pemalite said:

Yeah. I think that allot of people had that assumption because it seemed like it was really struggling at some point.
Good they turned the ship around. I do have a copy, just haven't had time to get into it.

If you do get into it you won't have time for much else.  My first time took 11 months from me (PS4). I took a year and half break from it and recently restarted from scratch 3 weeks ago on Xbox X, and plan on devoting about the same amount of time or more.  Summerset should increase populations again across all platforms.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Pemalite said:

If you do get into it you won't have time for much else.  My first time took 11 months from me (PS4). I took a year and half break from it and recently restarted from scratch 3 weeks ago on Xbox X, and plan on devoting about the same amount of time or more.  Summerset should increase populations again across all platforms.

It's stays on the shelf then! Haha

i hope this is true. i don't think it is because there are multiple sources saying otherwise, but the original leak did come from 4chan too so there is a slim possibility. probably clutching at straws because the other rumours do nothing for me and i am desperate for a truly great Fallout game