By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Announced [Bethesda Twitter: Please Stand By]

What's it gonna be?

Fallout 5 6 15.00%

Fallout 3 Remastered 27 67.50%

Fallout Shelter 2 (yikes) 7 17.50%

Total:40

Spin-off, called it.
Hope the rumors of an online game are false, though. Just give us an RPG and everything is fine.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I really don't know what to make of this. Kotaku says it's an online game, but does that mean it's a shared world RPG shooter like Destiny, designed to be similar to the main Fallout games except with the ability to play in co-op, or is it something absolutely horrible like Battle Royale?

Also, what of the fact that that it's the 10th Anniversary for Fallout 3, the balloon anniversary tease in the livestream, and the fact that Bethesda shut down a Fallout 3 in the Fallout 4 engine modding project, which is strange since they allow other modding teams to rebuild Morrowind and Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. Is this really the only Fallout announcement, or will they announce Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition at E3?

God damnit! I was excited about this! This sucks! :(

I don't want a destiny knock off. Seems like even Bethesda couldn't resist the allure of online micro transactions.

Fingers crossed the rumor is wrong and it's a SP game.

Last edited by Nem - on 30 May 2018

shikamaru317 said:

I really don't know what to make of this. Kotaku says it's an online game, but does that mean it's a shared world RPG shooter like Destiny, designed to be similar to the main Fallout games except with the ability to play in co-op, or is it something absolutely horrible like Battle Royale?

Also, what of the fact that that it's the 10th Anniversary for Fallout 3, the balloon anniversary tease in the livestream, and the fact that Bethesda shut down a Fallout 3 in the Fallout 4 engine modding project, which is strange since they allow other modding teams to rebuild Morrowind and Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. Is this really the only Fallout announcement, or will they announce Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition at E3?

Maybe it's a coop simulation-game where a group of people have to keep Vault 76 running properly

Online Fallout game sounds goddamn amazing.

Vault 76, means it's prequel

Around the Network

Fallout 3 was one of the greatest games ever made. It's high time it got a remaster, since the 360 and PS3 versions run terribly by today's standards.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Fallout 3 was one of the greatest games ever made. It's high time it got a remaster, since the 360 and PS3 versions run terribly by today's standards.

They can't change their dated engine so the remastered version won't run much better.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

They can't change their dated engine so the remastered version won't run much better.

Skyrim Remastered runs like a dream compared to the PS3 version. Fallout 4 runs alright. Why not Fallout 3? 

shikamaru317 said:

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Kotaku says it's an online survival game like Rust, DayZ, and Ark: Survival Evolved, according to 3 different sources they have. They said it started as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4, but has evolved over the course of development to get more survival elements. They say it will have quests and a story like any other Fallout game, as well as the base building elements of Fallout 4. One of the 3 sources says the gameplay is rapidly changing, and could be significantly different on release than it is right now. 

Pretty disappointing honestly, I really hope this isn't all they have to announce at E3 Fallout-wise, they teased a Fallout 3 Anniversary release pretty hard. 

Sounds like this could be big 

Don't count on me.

And over 100 comments for this twit is funny =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."