By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Announced [Bethesda Twitter: Please Stand By]

What's it gonna be?

Fallout 5 6 15.00%

Fallout 3 Remastered 27 67.50%

Fallout Shelter 2 (yikes) 7 17.50%

Total:40

I'm really hoping for a Fallout 3 / New Vegas remaster. I'd also be fine with Fallout 5, though it seems too soon for that.

Around the Network

DB

I think it is interesting that it is Bethesda Games Studios and not the main Bethesda account that tweeted this

VGPolyglot said:
S.Peelman said:
Fallout 5 Switch exclusive.

It'd be a Bayonetta 2 situation x20

Only 20?

If it's not a new Obisidian Fallout, I can't see the point. Fallout 3 wasn't even that good back then. It's already "remastered" on PC and you can also play it on Xbox One. To add salt to the wound, they'll probably charge $60 for it. Honestly, if you didn't play it by now, you probably never wanted to play it to begin with. I'm getting sick and tired of all those useless remasters. Give us something new and fresh or don't even bother.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jardesonbarbosa said:
If it's not a new Obisidian Fallout, I can't see the point. Fallout 3 wasn't even that good back then. It's already "remastered" on PC and you can also play it on Xbox One. To add salt to the wound, they'll probably charge $60 for it. Honestly, if you didn't play it by now, you probably never wanted to play it to begin with. I'm getting sick and tired of all those useless remasters. Give us something new and fresh or don't even bother.

They make money for Bethesda and help to tide Fallout and Elder Scrolls fans over until Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 release, which won't release until middle of next gen at the earliest (Bethesda is releasing 2 new IP's before Elder Scrolls 6). Skyrim Special Edition has sold like 8-9m copies so far including digital, that's a tidy little profit for Bethesda, considering it didn't take much effort for them to remaster it. Fallout 3 Anniversary will take more work, since they have to rebuild the entire game in the newer Creation Engine, but it should still be profitable for them. Also, Fallout 3 definitely was good back then, it won Game of the Year in 2008 as I recall, and got a 93 meta from critics. 

It's lazy and it's stupid. Why not remake Fallout 1 and 2? Or if they really want to re-release old games, why not a single package including 3, New Vegas and 4? I loved those HD Collections because those made sense. This new trend of releasing the same game over and over again, but more expensive and slightly better is seriously only promoting laziness. I want to know how they'll justify rereleasing this entire gen again next gen if backwards compatibility becomes a thing.

It's either Fallout Shelter 2 or Fallout 4 for Nintendo Switch. The first Fallout Shelter App was a great success for Bethesda, I highly doubt they'll leave their app endeavors for Fallout Shelter with just the first iteration.

But don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to be proven wrong and have it be Fallout 5.

John2290 said:
Fallout 4 PsVR?
Fallout 3 VR?
Fallout New vegas VR?
Fall out 4 but not a terrible game?

Fallout 4's a terrible game? An 87 on Metacritic and confirmed 15 Million units sold (not shipped)? Lol wut? 

Still.... Streaming..... Ugh....

jardesonbarbosa said:

Why not remake Fallout 1 and 2?

I wouldn't trust Bethesda to really remake Fallout 1/2 - they've shown they don't understand what Fallout is about with FO3/4.
Technical only remake, remaining 2.5D, but made in 3D engine...sure. Though, I would still feel way more comfortable with Obsidian or inXile doing it.