By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The great debate.

Nem said:
DonFerrari said:

Fallacy of authority at its best.

lolol classic BS. I know a lot of people like to think their opinion is fact, but opinions on the internet, like in real life are worth nothing. Facts, definitions, those are the things that matter. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts. A definition doesn't change cause your opinion says so. A definition only changes if it can't define what it defines anymore. The fallicy here i can't say due to forum rules but it's argument from. Anyways, i told my due a couple of pages ago. There is no more point in continuing this. We are just gonna have to disagree as i'm not interested in repeating myself.

Doesn't seem like you know why what you posted was fallacy of authority.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Nem said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

No it isn't. A sub roll is cut horizontally just like a hot dog roll. If it doesn't make a hot dog a sandwich then neither are subs by that definition. 

Dude, stop making s**t up. How it's cut is besides the point. The dictionary definition is what counts, not what you say. If it's between 2 pieces of bread, it's classified as a sandwich. You can give it whatever names you want on top of that.

What the hell are you talking about? First of all I was agreeing with what YOU said...I was saying that whoever considers a sub a sandwich should also consider a hot dog a sandwich because of how the bun is prepared. And that isn't what I say...that's just a factual statement 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Nem said:

Dude, stop making s**t up. How it's cut is besides the point. The dictionary definition is what counts, not what you say. If it's between 2 pieces of bread, it's classified as a sandwich. You can give it whatever names you want on top of that.

What the hell are you talking about? First of all I was agreeing with what YOU said...I was saying that whoever considers a sub a sandwich should also consider a hot dog a sandwich because of how the bun is prepared. And that isn't what I say...that's just a factual statement 

Very sorry. I got you confused with kapi. Well, it's the downside of the notice for when you're quoted. Should've checked the name. My bad.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nem said:

Oh so that's what you were on about. No, you keep it joined so the sausage doesn't fall off but it's still 2 pieces of bread. The meat is still literally between 2 pieces of bread. I get what you are saying as one tiny piece is still holding them together, but you do know that's a strawman. 99% of that bun is cut in half and is being used as 2 pieces of bread to containt the ingredients between them. The little straw holding them together is not what defines it.

I'll forever disagree with that. As long as both sides are still joint together they are part of the same thing and not two separate things.

I kneew someone would argue this. If I give you credit where credit is due and although I see exactly where you're coming from...I have to disagree. The meat is still between bread regardless of how many slices. Plus someone had a valid argument with the big mac. 

Nem said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Very sorry. I got you confused with kapi. Well, it's the downside of the notice for when you're quoted. Should've checked the name. My bad.

No problemo. I do it all the time online. Sometimes to the point where I make myself look foolish. Lol

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Is cheese a pizza topping?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Is cereal a soup?

I'm in a Facebook war and I need some good arguments, here.

Cheese is a default topping on a pizza, in the same way that a tomato-based sauce is.  It should not need to be stated when ordering a pizza.  In other words, "I'll take a large pepperoni" means that I want a large pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.   Cheese should only be discussed when a non-standard type of cheese is being ordered, or when ordering without cheese (in which case, shame on you.)

A hotdog is technically a sandwich, sure.  But, you're a dick if you say "let's go get some sandwiches for lunch", then take the person to a hotdog cart.  In practical use, a hotdog is its own category, in much the same way as a hamburger is.  

Cereal is not soup, in the same way that tres leches cake is not soup.  I may be sympathetic to arguments that hot cereals are soup, but I'd still not use the term myself.  

d21lewis said:

Is cheese a pizza topping?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Is cereal a soup?

I'm in a Facebook war and I need some good arguments, here.

Yes

No (Not fit for human consumption either)

No

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The Sauce has spoken.

https://youtu.be/O9ak89FwYeI

Twitter: @d21lewis