By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - will Sony get more studio(s)?

Sony got the adventure genre down no doubt. but we don't really have a source of FPS games (stuff like resistance should be made inhouse). or arcade racers.

with SIE kodera saying there will be more exclusives what do you guys think? will we see Sony acquire more studios. yes they are definitely pushing out the most exclusives atm. but diversity is lacking imo. again not limited to them but this is my subject for today.

should they work with 3rd party devs. especially japanese devs for those?.

idk if GG should go back to fps games. probably should stick to open world games after HZD.  but idk I might be biased but I love single player shooters that are as good as resistance it was easily my favorite camapign shooter trilogy last gen. and I do like the bethesda shooters just not nearly as much

Around the Network

They shouldn't "acquire" studios, rather build new ones!

They could do with a new FPS series (or elevate killzone to a higher level), and something like motorstorm, that would really flesh out the variety of their first party lineup.

Barkley said:
They shouldn't "acquire" studios, rather build new ones!

They could do with a new FPS series (or elevate killzone to a higher level), and something like motorstorm, that would really flesh out the variety of their first party lineup.

its much harder to build new studios. but I see the appeal they usually work out better.

they probably imo should build a medium sizedd ~120 employee studio to work on either FPS games or arcade racers from the IPs they have

I mean syphoon filter FPS stealth game would be amazing too. or resistance.

i would also take a new motorstorm game

Wasnt there a job listing about new studio in San Diego with support from one of the big first party studio (might be Uncharted).

I dont think any racer is reasonable anymore, racing games arent selling as well as they used to and there is no point to make new studio for it. I think Sony should make 120 employee studio for FPS games. Maybe pick two IPs and make games for them. Lets say start with resistance and then pick some other IP and then Resistance again.

RoboTin said:
Wasnt there a job listing about new studio in San Diego with support from one of the big first party studio (might be Uncharted).

I dont think any racer is reasonable anymore, racing games arent selling as well as they used to and there is no point to make new studio for it. I think Sony should make 120 employee studio for FPS games. Maybe pick two IPs and make games for them. Lets say start with resistance and then pick some other IP and then Resistance again.

Its not a studio in san diego just a new team to work on a 3rd person adventure game similar to uncharted. it could be uncharted who knows.

tho forza sells just fine and there is a lack of racing games. on a playstation platform twice size of xbox I don't see how a good racing game would do bad. even driveclub sold well and it was problomatic early on release

Around the Network

«Diversity is lacking»

???

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Didnt they resently say they where "upping investment into studios & makeing games"?

And didnt they not to long ago open a studio or two?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/04/sony_is_creating_a_new_game_development_team_in_san_diego

^ supposedly this is a new AAA level studio, so thats atleast one.
Plus Im sure they plan more in the future, before PS5 gen starts.

Sony said before this gen, that their lineup was spare early gen (1st pary exclusive wise) and I actually think they mean to fix that.
PS5 you ll see even more AAA level games from Sony, than this gen has had.

Yes,they will build nee studios and hire more devs for the studios they already have.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

They'll likely build new studios.

They don't need new studios they just need to make their existing ones bigger. If Sony bend is game (Days Gone) is going to do well they might increase the team size so they can make multiple games at the same time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar