By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92
shikamaru317 said:
morenoingrato said:

What was regressive leftist activism in this movie? A somewhat loud robot that 5 years ago would have been funny?

And what is SJW in TLJ anyway? An Asian chick?

As I recall, Poe got emasculated multiple times by his female superiors. The writers killed off the male Admiral Ackbar so that the female Vice Admiral Holdo could control the fleet while Leia was in her coma. Then there was the whole pointless plotline with Finn and Rose sidetracking while they were on a vital mission to save some animals. 

So, a woman having a power over a man makes it SJW? Should women never be allowed to be in positions of authority in films?

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
I'm thinking Disney is milking the Star Wars franchise a bit too much especially since they just announced that they will make a Boba Fett just a few days after they announced they will make a Obi Wan movie.

They're also working on a Princess Leia movie

Angelus said:
Chris Hu said:
I'm thinking Disney is milking the Star Wars franchise a bit too much especially since they just announced that they will make a Boba Fett just a few days after they announced they will make a Obi Wan movie.

They're also working on a Princess Leia movie

Plus they were thinking of making a Lando Calrissian movie but since Solo is more then likely going to flop I doubt that will happen. 

shikamaru317 said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, a woman having a power over a man makes it SJW? Should women never be allowed to be in positions of authority in films?

It wasn't that they had power over him, that is ok, it's that they used their power to humiliate him publicly at multiple points in the movie as I recall. I recall one of them slapping him in the face and demoting him in front of his subordinates and peers, and then the other one disregarding all of his ideas and rubbing his demotion in his face, but I might be miss-remembering, TLJ was so bad overall (not just because of the SJW stuff but for other reasons as well) that I have done my best to blank the movie from my memory and pretend it isn't Star Wars canon. 

You're not remembering wrong.  And this is the character that was their #1 pilot.  Who in TFA never received this kind of treatment from Leia or the others.  It's also strange how in the other SW films, including TFA, they have to sacrifice lives to take out the big weapon that can destroy fleets/planets.  It's something they know they must do to save thousands/millions of other people.  Yet, in TLJ, for some reason they keep trying to push this message that fighting is bad, and you should just keep on the running away.  They're pissed that people died to save a Dreadnaught, which supposedly wipes out entire fleets easily.  Which raises the question of why everyone is listening to Poe, instead of Leia, when they decide to attack it.  The whole plan is to run away, when they apparently could have turned one of the ships around and lightspeed through it (since that's a thing, now.)  And Rose stops Finn from sacrificing himself to save everyone.

Basically, those two acted like cunts to Poe, while Rose was just unnecessary and acted stupid, but the movie makes it out like they were in the right with everything they do, and all of their messages are the right ones.  I guess cause they are women.  I know if they had a superior to Leia treating her like those two treated Poe, he would have eventually learned the error of his ways, or turned out to be a bad guy.

VGPolyglot said:
Azuren said:

It's not right wing, it's a rejection of regressive leftist activism.

Regressive? It seems like you're wanting to regress to a time where diversity wasn't as prevalent.

You don't know what diversity is, diversity is about having a group of people with different ideas, different experiences, and not simply looking at them by the color of their skin, and labelling them based on their sexuality.

This is what civil rights activist fought for, for human beings to be judged based on the content of their character, not for quotas and for race and gender based representation.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Azuren said:

It's not right wing, it's a rejection of regressive leftist activism.

Regressive? It seems like you're wanting to regress to a time where diversity wasn't as prevalent.

I want to progress to a time when companies stop with the diversity quotas and just worry about what makes sense.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

You don't know what diversity is, diversity is about having a group of people with different ideas, different experiences, and not simply looking at them by the color of their skin, and labelling them based on their sexuality.

This is what civil rights activist fought for, for human beings to be judged based on the content of their character, not for quotas and for race and gender based representation.

Yes, I agree, but obviously that still isn't the case here as many people are upset that minorities and women are getting positions in films and games.

Azuren said:
VGPolyglot said:

I want to progress to a time when companies stop with the diversity quotas and just worry about what makes sense.

Yeah, and diversity makes sense as the US is becoming more diverse and thus it appeals to a larger audience.

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

Yes, I agree, but obviously that still isn't the case here as many people are upset that minorities and women are getting positions in films and games.

No they aren't, they are upset at forced diversity. They are upset at shitty characters, who exist simply for diversity. 

VGPolyglot said:
shikamaru317 said:

As I recall, Poe got emasculated multiple times by his female superiors. The writers killed off the male Admiral Ackbar so that the female Vice Admiral Holdo could control the fleet while Leia was in her coma. Then there was the whole pointless plotline with Finn and Rose sidetracking while they were on a vital mission to save some animals. 

It is not about "a woman having a power over a man".  

Have you ever heard someone complaining about Leia being a General? Bail Organa? Captain Phasma? General Syndula?  Shaak Ti? Padme? etc, etc, etc

THERE HAS ALWAYS been women with high ranks in the Star Wars universe. So no, it is not about "a woman having a power over a man".  It is about how awfully written this character was.   

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

No they aren't, they are upset at forced diversity. They are upset at shitty characters, who exist simply for diversity. 

Again, how can you prove that they exist simply for diversity? And what would the solution be? To force the characters to be white males instead?