By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps5 still 3 years away

darkrulier said:
No rush to upgrade here either, also, I think it was a mistake to announce that this early, it might deter people from buying a PS4 in the meantime.

If anything the reverse IMHO,
because you had the people who were convinced 2019 launch was a sure thing now having 2 more years to consider.
2 more Game of The Year to miss out on, plus all the other high lights, plus missing out on activity they actively desire.

I'd really like to see a thread of "I was full of shit, and had lost my grip on reality. But I can improve, and aim for better."

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 23 May 2018

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

So,,,,, 2018,2019... and launches in 2020?

Thats what most thought would happend anyways.

Pretty much...unless they mean 2021 but thats way off.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Good. More value for buck on ps4 and more significant generation jump

There's no way the PS5 waits until 2021. Developers already have PS5 dev kits. This thing is coming Fall of 2020 at the latest.

Quick note: You can bypass some paywalls in incognito mode.

Other than that, I surprised that they actually revealed a launch window.

Around the Network
LinkDaHero said:
Quick note: You can bypass some paywalls in incognito mode.

Other than that, I surprised that they actually revealed a launch window.

I wouldn't say they actually revealed a launch window. They more ruled out a specific period.

Fooking delighted. Ps4 and especially the pro are absolutely beasts capable of games like God of war horizon and even the way the likes of fortnite run on the console. Absolute no need for a new gen so soon. Just an excuse to spend money on new hardware. Wait 3 years, get a proper power jump and then let's go baby. So happy with this news.

Sounds like Holiday 2020 is in the books. Hopefully 7nm+ Zen3 & Navi will set the baseline for the next gen. Also very excited to hear they are working on a Portable as well. Would be perfect if PS5 had both a Mobile and Home option. Give me 720p - 1080p on the go, and 4K at home, and I will be very happy.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

nanarchy said:

personally I never understood those that were desperate for an upgrade sooner as apart from lack of a 4k Blu-ray we just haven't advanced enough in tech to justify the move yet.

Clearly not a PC gamer.

nanarchy said:

sounding more like 2021. I know they are all very loose with the truth but 2020 is really 2 years, even the end of 2020 is at best 2 and half.

2019 was always a joke date in my eyes.
2020 is when the tech stars all align.
2021 is when that tech gets a little more refined.

Nem said:
Theres little the current consoles can't do.

There is a crap ton they can't do.
Ray Tracing is gaining more momentum... The current consoles are woefully inadequate for that task to the degree we are looking at in the immediate future.

Bristow9091 said:
Honestly, I wish console gens were longer, especially starting with this gen, graphics already look more than good enough, and I really wouldn't mind this gen going on beyond 2020/2021... but that's just me, lol.

I would also like generations to be elongated.

But to do that... The Playstation 4 and Xbox One needed to have released with high-end hardware to start with to really go the distance... But that didn't happen, thus they are aging far faster than the 7th gen machines.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Dec 2020 will be fine by me lol.