By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nathan Drake should star in Resistance or in less popular Playstation IPs to keep him from becomong irrelevant

Can Nathan Drake star in another series that is not Uncharted?

Yes 3 11.54%

No. Leave him to change diapers of his kids. 21 80.77%

Interesting. 0 0%

Maybe. 2 7.69%

Total:26
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
alternine said:
Nathan Drake resides in one of the most treasured franchises in all of entertainment. He's never becoming irrelevant nor should he be shoehorned into other games lol.

That's false. You can google trend him to know the truth. He is increasingly becoming irrelevant as we speak. Having no games to star in can do that for you.

Just because he isn't trending right now doesn't mean he is becoming irrelevant. They announce a new game 5-7 years from now people will be hyped for the return of Nathan Drake. And maybe Sony and Naughty Dog consider his story done and are willing to let him go.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
Absolutely not, he doesn't fit into any other universe apart from unchanted.

He could fit in any universe depending on the tone of the game.

OdinHades said:

What's so special about Nathan Drake that would justify keeping him around any longer? It's pretty much your standard mass-murderer-action-guy with more or less funny lines here and there. He's exchangeable. Even the Uncharted series itself doesn't need him as The Lost Legacy proved.

His story is told. Let him go.

What's so special about Norman Reedus when people went apeshit at his Silent Hill reveal or for the Death Stranding? I don't see anything wrong with using an iconic character going to another universe as long as its a good game and might help in reviving a dead IP. Like it or not... Actors help in making you feel the hype about anything because they are famous.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

It's a strange request, but sure, why not? If the presence of a bunch of polyglons that look like Nathan Drake instead of a bunch of polyglons that look like some other handsome brown-haired man mean increased visibility and therefore enhanced sales for an unpopular-but-enjoyable game, then I'm all for it.

I see no cross between both universes.

And I love how Japanese Manga tell a story and end it to start a new one. Let Nate be where he is.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

nope.

uncharted is where he belongs outside of a psallstar br 2

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:

nope.

uncharted is where he belongs outside of a psallstar br 2

Or Unkarted.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Qwark said:
His story has ended so let it die. Not every good game character needs to be a mascot. Besides Kratos is Sony's Mascot now.

His story ended but the icon lives on.

How do you think Marilyn Monroe became a legend after starring in romcoms?

And if Nathan Drake becomes irrelevant... Merchandised sales would fall. It's not a good business decision to just cut off one of your greatest playstation heroes because his story ended. His image could just be sold to the highest bidder so they can make money off him. Letting him rot off the ground is just sad like most of Sony IPs becoming unused nowadays.

And Kratos won't make a good mascot. He's not everyone's cup of tea. Atleast not the kind of Nathan Drake that could pull off a loveable fool or dramatic turn.

1) So it gives Sony the opportunity to make new game characters which we will grow to love. If we get a new Uncharted on PS5, I want the formula to change significantly. At least as much as with the new god of war and a story with higher stakes. Like Nathan Drake forced to find a treasure and that the life of his daughter depends on that. Also letting one of the mains die would be essential for a new Uncharted.

2) I don't know if Kratos is such a bad mascot. The newest game did sell very well and bearded Kratos is a pretty cool badass.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

No. It wouldn't make any sense to put him there. They shouldn't treat him like a nintendo character. If anything a new sequel should be made.

Imo Drake isn't a big PS mascot, like a Mario, or a Master Chief.

It's more that Uncharted itself is big.

DialgaMarine said:
Nathan Hale was the protagonist in Resistance. I know that, and haven’t played a Resistance title since 2012. How can you say Resistance is good, but not remember Nathan Hale? lol

Because Nathan Hale sucked. He barely spoke and had hardly any personality. The dif difference in tone between Resistance 1 and 2 was jarring. He wasn't even good enough for PlayStation All stars Battle Royale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.