By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo now selling Switch systems without a dock in Japan

fatslob-:O said:

No, some users here said that it's designed for existing Switch owners ... 

2台目用セット

Nintendo said that. 

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

The dock probably cost nintendo 10$ to mass produce. i don't see why they would ever sell it with out the dock.

quickrick said:
The dock probably cost nintendo 10$ to mass produce. i don't see why they would ever sell it with out the dock.

You must've missed the part about this being marketed to households who already have a Switch

Well its happening!!! It should have a positive impact to the overall sales

Pocky Lover Boy! 

curl-6 said:

They should just throw in a cheap charger and sell this worldwide at a 20% discount from the standard SKU. Would give sales a nice boost.

If they have the lastest phones. Then they can just use that charger. It is also ergonomic friendly (not sure if that is the right word) being light and all

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

You must've missed the part about this being marketed to households who already have a Switch

I didn't. I'm replying to most people saying they should release a dockless model, like it would make a huge difference in price, when it won't.

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

I didn't. I'm replying to most people saying they should release a dockless model, like it would make a huge difference in price, when it won't.

The dock retails for $70 currently in the U.S., that isn't a huge price difference? K. 

Faelco said:

They just need a direct adapter and it will officially be a handheld, with just an optional TV dock like Vita/PSTV.

Maybe they saw that the console is not selling as fast as it could, and would do better as a cheaper pure handheld. But it would damage the concept of hybrid and create 2 distinct markets on the console...

But we're not there (yet?) since you still need a dock. 

This is on first place aimed for people that already have Switch, so they can have multiply Switch units per house.

In any case, without dock, charger and HDMI cable just for around $50 difrence, full package for $300 definitely has higher value.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

The dock retails for $70 currently in the U.S., that isn't a huge price difference? K. 

It retails for 70$ and? DK country retails for 60$ and its a port of a 4 year old game. DK could retail for 20$ is still make huge profit, it retails for 70$ because nintendo wants it too. if they made a dockless switch, nintendo would be saving like 10$ because that what it probably costs them, so it wouldn't be worth it for them to make a dockless model.

Signalstar said:
More proof that it is a handheld first and foremost

That was my exact thoughts. I believed them when they said their vision was a console that could be taken with you anywhere you went. Now, I'm rethinking that completely. This thing is a handheld.