By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games should be made "EXCLUSIVE" for one platform again

i totally agree. except all exclusive games should only come out on my console(s) of choice

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

That isn't how things work.

He gave you source for his claim, you said it is wrong/selective. Then you have to counter with data instead of asking him for more data.

The Burden of Proof always lays with the one making the claim.

DonFerrari said:

Me saying there are PC gamers begging port all the time.
You asking if console gamers don't do the same.

There are PC Gamers that port beg. Heck. I have even done it a few times.
There are Console Gamers that port beg. Heck. I have done it a few times.

That is Anecdotal of course. :P

Zoombael said:

There aren't many cherries to pick. Star Citizen is pretty much the only cherry. Anything else worthy will come to consoles anyway. No need for begging.

I disagree. On Major Nelsons site, I saw people Port Begging for Age of Empires.
It does actually happen.

I totally agree that the burden of proof is on who makes the claim.

I claimed that it happens all the time with Zoombael providing link of people doing it (and you even admitted in your post that it happens). My original claim on the subject was to Azz who tried to paint PC gamers as superior because they don't participate in discussions because they have too many great games as opposite to console gamers. 

Chazore tried to one up me. Then tried to play victim card. And them refuted Zoombael provided sources with "It isn't like this, truste me, I won't show any proof because you have to dig other places for me and prove that I'm right".

I never port begged because I usually take my time playing 1st party  and most of the exclusives of PC doesn't translate well to console.anyway, but you are right that console gamers also beg (which I haven't said they don't at any point, but Chazore in a need to protect PC gaming found a need to jump in).

AoE was a great game long time ago but even though some RTS are reasonable on console I don't think it is a good place to play without KB+M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

That isn't how things work.

He gave you source for his claim, you said it is wrong/selective. Then you have to counter with data instead of asking him for more data.

The Burden of Proof always lays with the one making the claim.

DonFerrari said:

Me saying there are PC gamers begging port all the time.
You asking if console gamers don't do the same.

There are PC Gamers that port beg. Heck. I have even done it a few times.
There are Console Gamers that port beg. Heck. I have done it a few times.

That is Anecdotal of course. :P

Zoombael said:

There aren't many cherries to pick. Star Citizen is pretty much the only cherry. Anything else worthy will come to consoles anyway. No need for begging.

I disagree. On Major Nelsons site, I saw people Port Begging for Age of Empires.
It does actually happen.

Someone gets it

And you didn't have to stoop to acting like a complete child like someone else has already.

Last edited by Chazore - on 26 May 2018

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Honestly, I do agree with the sentiment about dev time and focus. That's really all I have to say.

Pemalite said:
Azuren said:

Right. It's also a lot of RTS.

And RPG. And TBS. And MMO. And MOBA.

I could honestly live without the FPSRPGs of the West that started on PC. I also lump TBS in with RTS as a whole under Strategy, but I'm fine looking at them as RTS & TBS as well. MOBA almost exclusively PC, though it's leaking elsewhere (and I wish it would stop and stay in its quarantine). But with the exception of some WRPGs like Fable, I'm fine with all these genres staying on PC. Then again, we were talking about specific games, not genres. It just so happens that a lot of these genres started on PC.

MMO, on the other hand, I wouldn't consider a genre. It's more of a genre enhancer (MMOFPS, MMORPG, etc). To me, it's like saying 2-, 4-, 16-player games are all genre types, too.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Pemalite said:

And RPG. And TBS. And MMO. And MOBA.

I could honestly live without the FPSRPGs of the West that started on PC. I also lump TBS in with RTS as a whole under Strategy, but I'm fine looking at them as RTS & TBS as well. MOBA almost exclusively PC, though it's leaking elsewhere (and I wish it would stop and stay in its quarantine). But with the exception of some WRPGs like Fable, I'm fine with all these genres staying on PC. Then again, we were talking about specific games, not genres. It just so happens that a lot of these genres started on PC.

MMO, on the other hand, I wouldn't consider a genre. It's more of a genre enhancer (MMOFPS, MMORPG, etc). To me, it's like saying 2-, 4-, 16-player games are all genre types, too.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.
But they are Genres and Sub-Genre's, they are merely examples of Genre's that are dominant on the PC, you can play around with semantics all day, point is and remains made.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Azuren said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you.
But they are Genres and Sub-Genre's, they are merely examples of Genre's that are dominant on the PC, you can play around with semantics all day, point is and remains made.

Well, again we were really discussing individual titles and I pointed out that most of the stuff that would be PC is FPS and RTS (a statement I would like to now update to FPS and Strategy). I'll also give you most of western RPGs and practically all MOBAs.

My personal point stands that I could live without all of those, though.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames