By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How often do you eat rice ?

How often do you eat rice ?

Every meal 5 7.35%

Once a day 8 11.76%

A few times a week 22 32.35%

A few times a month 22 32.35%

A few times a year 6 8.82%

Ralery 4 5.88%

I've never eaten rice 1 1.47%

Total:68
JRPGfan said:
Dr.Vita said:

Almost everyday, I would say 5-6 times a week. I like rice.

When you eat it, do you just boil it and then eat it after?
or do you remember to leave it steeped in water, overnight before the day you eat it?

Because if you eat rice that often, you should probably be doing it the right way,
to minimise how harmfull eating that much rice can be.

It's only harmful in theory.  In practice, the populations that traditionally ate the most rice were amongst the healthiest.  In your previous post you talked about heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, and yet these diseases largely afflict people eating the western diet high in meat, dairy, eggs, and refined carbohydrates.

Type 2 diabetes isn't caused by sugars or starches, it's caused by saturated fat and cholesterol building up in the body and modifying the insulin resistance of the body's cells.  The sugar then comes along and acts as the trigger, but the cholesterol plaque and saturated fat was the cause.

Cancer rates were far lower in populations that traditionally ate lots of rice.  Though as those populations eat more animal products and processed foods their cancer rates are rising sharply.

Heart disease?  Heart disease was largely unknown in Asia until the Western diet started to become more popular there.

Around the Network

I rarely eat it - too many carbs. That, and it’s not very popular where I come from unless you eat ethnically which my stomach doesn’t agree with.

In Italy risotto is probably the second most common first course after pasta. I like a lot sushi and Cantonese fried rice too. Every now and then I also eat Italian rice pie, both sweet and savoury versions (of the latter, in my region, Liguria, it's quite common a simple recipe with just eggs and cheese, and optionally diced boiled ham, bet there's also a nice recipe with pumpkin, eggs and cheese and another simple and "poor" recipe with chards or green beet).
And across the whole Italy we have a lot of rice recipes, for example in Central and Southern Italy they are very common rice croquettes, like "supplì" in Rome and "arancini" (or "arancine", depending on the zone) in Sicily.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'll pick "ralery", since that's a choice.

At least once a week, it's a great side dish.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

Never.
I've eaten it before, and I don't like it.

caffeinade said:
Never.
I've eaten it before, and I don't like it.

I'm curious, which style of rice?  I like most kinds of rice, but I like exotic rice a bunch more.  So I am OK with white rice on occasion if that's all that's available, but if I have a choice I'll choose either brown rice, black rice, red rice, or (my favourite) wild rice.  If you've own ever had white rice, you might enjoy one of the other kinds as they have a lot more flavour.

Apparently it's a common perception in some parts of Asia that brown rice doesn't taste good, and yet most of the people who think that have never tried it.  When they do try it, they are often surprised at how awesome it is.  :)

Nearly every day. I live in England but i am part Jamaican so.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Since i want to wear the wonder woman cosplay costume, I haven't eat rice for three months. 

Zapped by Axum 

Last edited by axumblade - on 22 May 2018

Everyday.  And sometimes even twice a day.