By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version announced for Switch, launches this coming week

DonFerrari said:
routsounmanman said:

I have a PS4 and a 4K capable PC... I just want to play good games on my Switch (and get to keep them, like other first class platform owners). Can't bring them? Don't bother at all, it infuriates me. Is that a concept that hard to grasp?

Guess you buy all games available on Switch to be so offended that a game you can buy on your other platforms don't get a physical release.

You still don't get it... I simply don't like being treated like an afterthought. Is it logical for me to be expected to pay 20 for 6 months, when I can pay almost the same amount of money to get it forever on either one of my other platforms? IT IS INSULTING to me as a customer!

But I'm wasting my breath here. If anything, I can agree with some of you lashing onto Nintendo, but for a different reason. Allowing this travesty.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Hiku said:

I don't know how it runs in VR framerate wise. But I also don't understand what you mean by "wouldn't change"?

I'm saying that the visuals being able to scale down a lot in RE7 is not a hypothetical, but a fact. Because the visuals scale down a lot in VR mode. Presumably it is scaled down to maintain the framerate in VR. What that framerate is exactly is besides my point.

Basically, we know for a fact that RE7 can scale down a lot, because it does this already.
And the main game runs at 60f, which means they can cut this framerate in half to save performance (Like in Doom and pretty much any PS4 port that's come to Switch).

If the game run at 60fps on TV and PSVR then you don't need to cut the graphics to reach framerate on PSVR as you claimed. What difference is there for PSVR is that it displays on two screens that summed resolution is similar to fullHD but have some other burden on the system probably, but that loss of quality on PSVR happens even for games that aren't PSVR enabled.

I'm waiting for this "a lot" to be displayed in numbers.

The very minority of games on PS4 are 60 fps, so don't count on many games being on Switch... as I said it's funny that when before 60fps was totally necessary but now it is better to go to 30fps instead of using cloud even before seeing if it will work well.

Another funny thing I saw is how much people complained about the bad IQ on the PSVR, so if that is your base for Switch version, then I guess people would also complain about the port IQ.

XD84 said:

I never paid more than 20 USD for a game on steam, since I never buy AAA games at release on PC.

You still won't pay over 20 for this on Switch, and of couse you can wait 2 years and see the price drop for it.. or you can buy on your PC.

CuCabeludo said:

I hope in the future the tech can allow people play games at high visual PC-like quality at affordable price without having to invest their kidneys in a gaming PC.

Console always had high visual for the time they launched, were affordable and match PC at release. You really aren't needed to invest a kidney on PC gaming, first because the gains aren't massive, second because console gaming would hold PC whenever the gap is to big and third streaming will always put more issues than being physical.

routsounmanman said:

I have a PS4 and a 4K capable PC... I just want to play good games on my Switch (and get to keep them, like other first class platform owners). Can't bring them? Don't bother at all, it infuriates me. Is that a concept that hard to grasp?

Guess you buy all games available on Switch to be so offended that a game you can buy on your other platforms don't get a physical release.

Multiplats on PC offer 4k  at higher frame rates than consoles. If a cloud tech can offer Pc like 4K/60FPS (or even higher) at a cheap subscription price tag it is a really good deal.

Just when I thought Crapcom couldn't treat Switch owners any worse, they go and create a travesty of a streaming service. Sounds like something EA would do.

Nintendo really need to pull something out the bag at E3, it's clear big games and publishers (Excluding Bethesda) aren't interested in supporting this system properly, maybe bring in a gamecube or wii backwards compatible service.

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

You still don't get it... I simply don't like being treated like an afterthought. Is it logical for me to be expected to pay 20 for 6 months, when I can pay almost the same amount of money to get it forever on either one of my other platforms? IT IS INSULTING to me as a customer!

But I'm wasting my breath here. If anything, I can agree with some of you lashing onto Nintendo, but for a different reason. Allowing this travesty.

Other customer paid 60 USD, but you want to be better than then.... ok then.

CuCabeludo said:
DonFerrari said:

If the game run at 60fps on TV and PSVR then you don't need to cut the graphics to reach framerate on PSVR as you claimed. What difference is there for PSVR is that it displays on two screens that summed resolution is similar to fullHD but have some other burden on the system probably, but that loss of quality on PSVR happens even for games that aren't PSVR enabled.

The very minority of games on PS4 are 60 fps, so don't count on many games being on Switch... as I said it's funny that when before 60fps was totally necessary but now it is better to go to 30fps instead of using cloud even before seeing if it will work well.

Another funny thing I saw is how much people complained about the bad IQ on the PSVR, so if that is your base for Switch version, then I guess people would also complain about the port IQ.

You still won't pay over 20 for this on Switch, and of couse you can wait 2 years and see the price drop for it.. or you can buy on your PC.

Console always had high visual for the time they launched, were affordable and match PC at release. You really aren't needed to invest a kidney on PC gaming, first because the gains aren't massive, second because console gaming would hold PC whenever the gap is to big and third streaming will always put more issues than being physical.

Multiplats on PC offer 4k  at higher frame rates than consoles. If a cloud tech can offer Pc like 4K/60FPS (or even higher) at a cheap subscription price tag it is a really good deal.

Well, in a couple years you will have 4k30fps on consoles a lot more frequently. But sure at the time there will be even more on PC.

I don't like streaming for gaming, but I see that some people may favor it when the cost benefit is high and the visual fidelity, input lag or any other downs aren't much os an issue to them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CuCabeludo said:
DonFerrari said:

4K and 60fps over network? Really?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
routsounmanman said:

Dear God... Who said I want to pay less? I just want to have the game physically, you know actually own it. Nevermind, you are simply too biased to even have a conversation. Good day, sir.

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

Dear God... Who said I want to pay less? I just want to have the game physically, you know actually own it. Nevermind, you are simply too biased to even have a conversation. Good day, sir.

You admitted you go there and wait until it is lower than 20 USD, so why should any company consider you first class customer?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

routsounmanman said:
CuCabeludo said:

You talk like we have reached the limit for internet speed and in 10-15-20 years it will the same as today.

CuCabeludo said:
routsounmanman said:

You talk like we have reached the limit for internet speed and in 10-15-20 years it will the same as today.

20 years ago we were playing at 480p. By the time 4k @ 60fps is streamable, 16 or even 32K will be the norm.

Final Fantast 15 cloud is coming.

I would soo be down for FF14 Cloud.