By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm tired of this overemphasis on diversity spilling into our entertainment.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Because people have individuality and free will.

You could perhaps find factors that do dissuade women from going into that profession or applying for that position. If you did then that's something that could be changed, although even if you were to do so the chance of actually getting a 50/50 (or whatever the male/female ratio in the applicable country is) split is still nigh impossible. However if there aren't any factors contributing to the lack of women then you'd just need to accept that it's a job not many women want to do and that they are adequately represented within it.

Individuality and free will? People are heavily influenced by societal factors, so for women, who are constantly in a lower social position than men, will be influenced by that and thus would become less inclined to apply.

There's studies that support Ka-pi96's post. Men and women have different preferences. That is likely the real reason why there's rarely any equal representation between women and men in the vast majority of jobs.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Individuality and free will? People are heavily influenced by societal factors, so for women, who are constantly in a lower social position than men, will be influenced by that and thus would become less inclined to apply.

There's studies that support Ka-pi96's post. Men and women have different preferences. That is likely the real reason why there's rarely any equal representation between women and men in the vast majority of jobs.

OK, show me the studies then.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

OK, show me the studies then.

https://firedfortruth.com

Read it and look at his sources.

Slimebeast said:
It's disgusting.

No matter where you look, almost everything is infested with multikulti now.

Drastic demographic change in society where native Europeans are soon in minority in their own countries, the increased violent crimes, the heavy financial burdens, the twisted morals of modern society where perversion is being praised and where criminals aren't punished. But this not enough for them.

On top of this deterioration of our societies, politicians, the public offices, academia and all the lying media have taken on as their mission to evangelize about the greatness of multiculture and force the population to not just accept but to embrace and praise the multicultural project. Dishonestly downplaying all the negative effects and shutting down and hunting every critic and dissident.

And even this is not enough. They won't even leave pop culture alone (although they're not leaving our cultural heritage and history alone either, just recently one publically funded Swedish scientist made the world news by claiming that Viking burial practice was influenced by islam so much that it became popular to weave Kufic patterns and islamic messages in cloth and to believe in muslim paradise, in the heartland of the Swedish vikings in Uppsala and Birka).

Wether it's remakes of old stories or new creations the pattern is the same no matter if it destroys the context. Multikulti is obligatory. Homogenous is forbidden even if it's historically accurate (see the controversy about BBC's black Achilles TV-sries, or the video game Kingdome Come lacking people of color in 15 century Bohemia as an example).

There just must be female soldiers or strong women doing any manly tasks, LGBT-people not just represented but remarkably visible, and obviously huge proportions of immigrants and people of color.

Modern culture and entertainment has become cynical, plastic, hollow and artificial. And extremely moralistic and preachy.

Slimebeast presents great evidence/facts in his argument against Multiculti clap trap. This MultiKulti claptrap we now live under is exactly like the dystopian totalitarian world depicted in Orwell's 1984. No one is allowed to speak out against the faceless bureaucrats that have enforced Multiculti onto the world .Multiculti destroys culture and spreads lies and misinformation that promotes Multiculti.

the-pi-guy said:
Aeolus451 said:

Women do have different preferences.

But most Liberals will argue that the reason for those different preferences are largely due to cultural influences.  

Do you think having a boy grow up with Barbie's would probably have differences from a boy who grew up with toy cars? 

I would say that most liberals are wrong on that (like most things 😂).

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13596-male-monkeys-prefer-boys-toys/

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Aeolus451 said:

I would say that most liberals are wrong on that (like most things 😂).

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13596-male-monkeys-prefer-boys-toys/

1.) .People aren't the same as monkeys. A big theme in anthropology is that humans are as much affected by biology as they are by culture.  The hard line factors of one or the other tend to be inaccurate.  

2.) There is room for other factors.  If children are the same as the monkeys, it suggests that women are about equally interested in "male"/"female" toys.  Which puts to question the claim that women aren't as interested. Someone else suggested a potential reason for the differences is that women tend to be more biologically driven to care for children (which dolls resemble). That's hardly something to extend to jobs.

Hmm. Now you're just being dismissive. Humans and monkeys are similar enough that they test meds, medical procedures and do studies like the one I linked. The link I replied to vgpolyglot with has more info/ studies that show this. If women are biologically driven to like certain toys over others then the same could be said about jobs or interests in general. Here's the thing. Alot of lefties like to make claims that are contrary to available evidence/data without showing any data whatsoever like this topic. If it's societal then where's the evidence other than "your truth" or "her experience"?

Let's just make a movie where everybody is a clone and acts the same way.

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33619126_1884845441567183_4239103330690793472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b9f16decfe9f399ece024a2bb7251514&oe=5B91C12F[img]

Forced diversity is the greatest cancer we're seeing in any creative industry today next to the shit quality animation we're now seeing in cartoons. For the most part, it isn't the creative people who make these decisions. They're made the executives in the suits who do not understand how the creative process works. Good creations are organic. Some executive meddling may be necessary to make the final product a little more refined and a little more marketable (think Sonic the Hedgehog), but that's different than having diversity FORCED into your product. You see it everywhere today. You see characters in movies who are poorly written or were not intended to be played by the chosen actor. They stick out like a sore thumb. They're often very shallow, uninteresting and only exist because they're a female or because they're black or they're queer, or whatever. This isn't done to improve the final product. It doesn't add anything to it creatively. It's done just so some self-righteous executives can brag that they care about diversity.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

I don’t like it when it feels forced, but if it’s implemented well, I’m fine with it. I think it’s cool if there for instance can be homosexual characters without the plot being about homosexuality. It just has to be interesting homosexual characters.