By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Anti-spam Measures - Deployed

Ka-pi96 said:
Will this also prevent alt accounts (weazel, zero etc)? If so then it will be a very worthwhile change!

If they are using a proxy when they create those alts, then yes - if they're using their standard IP address, well then chances are they'll eventually get caught anyway, at which point one of the mods might move on to a more permanent ban...   ;)

Around the Network

But spamming is life!

TalonMan said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Will this also prevent alt accounts (weazel, zero etc)? If so then it will be a very worthwhile change!

If they are using a proxy when they create those alts, then yes - if they're using their standard IP address, well then chances are they'll eventually get caught anyway, at which point one of the mods might move on to a more permanent ban...   ;)

Affirmative. I stay chasing alts. ;)

Thankfully, Mods have a chunk of the tools y'all do. :P

What's this? A front page sticky?

I like the new icon. Never seen it before.

Around the Network

A new icon AND red text... good shit! :P

I'm surprised this wave of spam passed without me noticing. It's been a while since I got spam on my messages or my wall.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm surprised this wave of spam passed without me noticing. It's been a while since I got spam on my messages or my wall.

You don't have a female avy, that's why.

VGPolyglot said:
What's this? A front page sticky?

Yes - this will be for important messages that everybody needs to know about (such as, the potential for users to have trouble gaining access to the website).

We will NOT flood the Hot Topics box with these and they'll only be stickied temporarily...  :)

VGPolyglot said:
Darwinianevolution said:

You don't have a female avy, that's why.

Ah, this was only affecting people with female avatars. Ok, I was out of the loop for a second there. :P

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.