By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Anti-spam Measures - Deployed

HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

You don't have a female avy, that's why.

I've never once received a message or wall post like that.

I'm afraid the spammer will see this though.

It seems like specific people were targeted, one of the usernames was even polyglotismybitch. These measures might have stopped the spam, though.

Around the Network

a big thank you to TalonMan and the mod team for going through the trouble to fix this problem

The new logo, the red text, the very affirmative message

three ticks!!

TalonMan said:
...and by the way, to the jackass with the "At least u having fun" comment:

No, NONE of this was fun. And the only thing you managed to accomplish, was to take time away from me that I could have been using towards enhancing this website. Instead of working to improve the website, I had to waste time combatting your idiocy, because you thought spamming people with juvenile comments would be "fun".

You're an ass - you are the very definition of an ass. And karma has a way of coming back in a big way, so just make sure you keep that in mind...

I think he said that to mock you, rather than it being a serious statement.

Me likes the color and the new image

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
VGPolyglot said:

I think he said that to mock you, rather than it being a serious statement.

Obviously...  

Ah, I wasn't really sure from your reply.

I clicked on this from the front page multiple times and it sent me here
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=

Thanks for the update! Really appreciated!

And don't see it as a complete waste of time, you implemented a useful and long term security fix that is sure to help the sure for quite a while.

Good work, it will be well worth the time you spent implementing it.

morenoingrato said:
Thanks for the update! Really appreciated!

And don't see it as a complete waste of time, you implemented a useful and long term security fix that is sure to help the sure for quite a while.

I agree with this. While it was a huge pain in the ass, I think that in the long run it will really help against spam.