By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

Who needs to have a good E3 showing?

Sony 6 4.65%

Nintendo 57 44.19%

Microsoft 66 51.16%

Total:129

Nintendo. They need to keep the Switch momentum going.

Sony is already dominating, and its too little too late for the xbone.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Conina said:
MasonADC said:
Sony and Microsoft are starting to end their generations.

Are they?

I'm sure they're gearing up towards it with game production

Nity... They need to show big games to capture the audience and set hype on switch. Sony doesn't even need a E3, they are are good and have nothing to prove.

MICROSOFT.... doesn't metter, they are in deep shit... wait for next gen...

Nintendo for some odd reason has kept pretty much the entire second half of the year a complete mystery, so undoubtedly they have the most to both gain and lose for E3.

I guess Microsoft have more to lose if they did a bad E3. They need to prove what they have against the competition this year and that their console can be relevant.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

It's arguably Nintendo that needs to perform at their best for E3 since they have divulged the LEAST amount of new information so far this year on their biggest projects or other plans if they have any that is ...

They are in their most vulnerable point during their new systems life where it has been devoid of any releases of new blockbusters for the first half of it's second year and it may even extend as far as the third quarter as well ...

E3 doesn't matter much for both Sony and Microsoft anymore since their nearing towards the end of this current generation but it especially won't save the latter's hide for the rest of this current generation ...

Not sure why people think Microsoft. Unless you're thinking that this is when they'll announce the Xbox 2 then it really wouldn't fiscally wise for them to load up on anything other than third party games and whatever else they have left (Crackdown?) until the next gen starts.

I don’t see how anyone can give an answer beside MS. I’m not bashing MS, but their exclusive output is pathetic, and it’s several levels below that of Sony and Nintendo. MS have been promising a change in this regard for four or more years now. It’s time to put up or shut up. And it doesn’t matter if projects are 2 or even 3 years off; they need to show them to restore some faith in their fanbase.

As of right now, it’s hard not to regret my XBO purchase, since the only exclusive I’ve played and liked has been a 7 hour long indie game. Cuphead was freakin awesome, but it’s not enough to justify my XBO purchase and keep me happy.

How is this even a question lol? Obviously Microsoft, and "dependent" is putting it mildly. They either come out with some huge surprises that really get people pumped or they pretty much seal the X1's fate as being about done.

pitzy272 said:
I don’t see how anyone can give an answer beside MS. I’m not bashing MS, but their exclusive output is pathetic, and it’s several levels below that of Sony and Nintendo. MS have been promising a change in this regard for four or more years now. It’s time to put up or shut up. And it doesn’t matter if projects are 2 or even 3 years off; they need to show them to restore some faith in their fanbase.

As of right now, it’s hard not to regret my XBO purchase, since the only exclusive I’ve played and liked has been a 7 hour long indie game. Cuphead was freakin awesome, but it’s not enough to justify my XBO purchase and keep me happy.

I disagree. Announcing everything you have in the pipeline could lead to more instances like Scalebound. 

In other words, I don't want a repeat of Microsoft's E3 2014:

https://lastlifeclub.com/2017/01/10/cursed-games-microsofts-2014-scalebound-cancelled/

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.