By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

Who needs to have a good E3 showing?

Sony 6 4.65%

Nintendo 57 44.19%

Microsoft 66 51.16%

Total:129
MasonADC said:
Sony and Microsoft are starting to end their generations.

Are they?

Around the Network

Microsoft needs to regain some degree of product confidence. E3 can still be meaningful for them if they hit a homerun. They need something to generate positive buzz.

Sony doesn't need E3 at this point. They could announce their games at other events instead and it would make little difference.

As for Nintendo, I think a lot of potential Switch customers wouldn't know E3 if it bit them. However, they might see coverage in the press, as E3 is the one time with video-game news is all over the internet. As they are still growing their install base, that kind of exposure can be valuable.

Microsoft needs a good E3 most to promise better 1st party output in the future. Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen.

Nintendo would benefit well from a good E3 and H2 to compensate for a lackluster H1. Probably will with some of their most anticipated games on the horizon.

Sony needs a great E3 least atm, though you don't want to get complacent. Should be solid with gameplay from lots of announced titles, though may be light on surprises.

Nintendo. They need to keep the Switch momentum going.

Sony is already dominating, and its too little too late for the xbone.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Conina said:
MasonADC said:
Sony and Microsoft are starting to end their generations.

Are they?

I'm sure they're gearing up towards it with game production

Around the Network

Nintendo, but really, ALL of them need a good E3 showing.

Nity... They need to show big games to capture the audience and set hype on switch. Sony doesn't even need a E3, they are are good and have nothing to prove.

MICROSOFT.... doesn't metter, they are in deep shit... wait for next gen...

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Nintendo for some odd reason has kept pretty much the entire second half of the year a complete mystery, so undoubtedly they have the most to both gain and lose for E3.

Manlytears said:
Nity... They need to show big games to capture the audience and set hype on switch. Sony doesn't even need a E3, they are are good and have nothing to prove.

MICROSOFT.... doesn't metter, they are in deep shit... wait for next gen...

*banging on Microsoft's door* GIVE US A NEW BANJO-KAZOOIE YOU CHEAPASSES!!

I guess Microsoft have more to lose if they did a bad E3. They need to prove what they have against the competition this year and that their console can be relevant.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138