By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lack of new games on Switch

Everyone is holding for e3. Haters will have problems with that, I find it genius.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
pizzanuggs said:

Only thing holding me back from buying more Switxh games is the fact that i have rent and food to pay for.

Switchs 3rd party support has been the best ita been since the SNES days.

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can say this. Both GCN and Wii were better. Even Wii U was better at the beginning.

Literally, with what games is the Switch's multiplat support approaching SNES era? What how many big multiplat games aren't releasing later than everyone else? Where are the big, industry shifting 3rd party exclusives, because that's what much of the 3rd party support on the SNES was. Exclusives.

Switch can't even get COD. It's support isn't good. People are just stomaching it better because the breadcrumbs are more frequent.

OT: Yeah, I haven't touched mine since XB:2. Mario Tennis Aces will be fun soon if I can get my sister to play with me, but it's been a dry few months. What the world really needs is a release date for the new GOAT, SMTV.

for me there are  a ton of games I want on Switch that I dont yet have, so a lack of CODm Destiny, or AssassinsCREED, or Tom Clancy's Hot Dog Vendor, and what not don't really bother me. 

Indie support has been great enough to keep in it.

Don't know what you mean by Wii being better....that's really don't get that.

I still need to 100% Fire Emblem Warriors, finish Xenoblade 2, do Breath of the Wild's DLC, finish most of Mario Odyssey (not necessarily 100%, mind you), and try out Celeste, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Mario + Rabbids, DKC: TF, etc. Then, I await Octopath Traveler, Mario Tennis Aces, Crash n'Sane Trilogy, South Park, and even Sushi Striker.

There's a lot on my plate already. Not everyone is able to game every day or get most games in a library. As someone who has other things going on (as I'm sure most of you are experiencing), its hard to keep up, especially with the Switch getting a lot of games, big or small. Plus, money is a thing too.

Faelco said:
BlackBeauty said:

Zelda literally won an award for e3 in 2016 and social media impact:

Is this "proof"? One game literally squashing everything else.

I expect even more for smash. As it's much bigger than Zelda with a very big hardcore fanbase.

Hum.... And? Does "most talked about" means "Everyone agrees that it's the best"? No, it doesn't. Otherwise your "study" would mean that everyone agrees that Watch Dogs 2 is like 5 times better than Pokemon Sun and Moon. Sure.

And what about the fact that the study is based only on the duration of E3? Because, right now, you can see that the God of War trailer from E3 2016 has 19.6M views on Youtube with 352K likes, while the Zelda trailer from the same E3 has 13.6M views with 208K likes (for further comparison, the E3 Mario trailer has 28.9M views). So even with the out-of-topic analysis of "which game had the most impact on social media", Zelda doesn't win.  But like I said, even if it did, it wouldn't be a proof of "Everyone agrees that Nintendo won E3", because there is no relation between the two statements.

And as usual, I think that a lot of Nintendo fans are overestimating Smash. It's a big game with a very hardcore fanbase, sure. But even on the 3DS, it's "only" at 8M sales. The best selling game of the franchise is barely at 13M on the Wii. It's nowhere close to a Mario or Mario Kart with 36M for example. So it will sell very well, obviously, but it won't make this year bigger than a Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 or new generation Zelda year IMO. Pokemon could, if they handle the changes well and don't disappoint the fanbase.

Yes, the study was based on duration of e3. God of War would obviously accumulated more views as it was teased years ahead.  

How is there no relation when it got an award and the most views? It literally WON an award. The only people not agreeing just the edgy subset vocal minority that has nothing else but themselves and their whine to back on.

The thing with smash is that it is growing with each release. Smash 4 is the best selling smash game. It sells better with every release.

Even with the disastrous Wii U. The community haven’t slowed down at all. We literally have no sales ceiling for smash yet.

Mario 3D, Zelda, Mario Kart all have peaked before their switch games. They were fading befor the switch games. The switch brought them back to life. Spaltoon is an exception as it was also a growing IP. And you can quite literally see the result of that. Splatoon 2 selling twice as fast as Splatoon 1. Smash switch is in the exact same postion. 

160rmf said:
DélioPT said:

Such a convoluted post.

You talk about relevant titles, yet you exclude Mario Tenis, Fire emblem and Yoshi.

Talk last year was filled with high caliber titles, but the ones that made the difference for Switch was Zelda (multiplat), MK8 (port), Arms(stretching a lot), Splatoon 2 and Odyssey. Not even mentioning that you conveniently ignore obvious announcements at e3 just to prove your point

Your Wii U comparison you list Luigi U and Wii Fit U as relevant and original titles and talk with a straight face that there's no significant difference with the first 14 months of the switch? Guess is not about quantity after all lol.

And since when are Mario Tennis and Yoshi, relevant titles?
If you check the latest FE sales, you'll see that it mainly sells software.
And if you compare both games, only the first one provided a small boost worldwide.

Splatoon 2, Zelda, MK8, Mario vs what exactly? Smash and probably Pokémon?

Then i spoke about Nintendo's ability to improve their output.
I think that what i presented speaks for itself. 
E3 is another story - as i'm only comparing the first 14 months (which is as far as Switch has gone).

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
160rmf said:

Such a convoluted post.

You talk about relevant titles, yet you exclude Mario Tenis, Fire emblem and Yoshi.

Talk last year was filled with high caliber titles, but the ones that made the difference for Switch was Zelda (multiplat), MK8 (port), Arms(stretching a lot), Splatoon 2 and Odyssey. Not even mentioning that you conveniently ignore obvious announcements at e3 just to prove your point

Your Wii U comparison you list Luigi U and Wii Fit U as relevant and original titles and talk with a straight face that there's no significant difference with the first 14 months of the switch? Guess is not about quantity after all lol.

And if you compare both games, only the first one provided a small boost worldwide.

E3 is another story - as i'm only comparing the first 14 months (which is as far as Switch has gone).

Since when are games that sell ~2 million considered irrelevant?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

pizzanuggs said:
spemanig said:

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can say this. Both GCN and Wii were better. Even Wii U was better at the beginning.

Literally, with what games is the Switch's multiplat support approaching SNES era? What how many big multiplat games aren't releasing later than everyone else? Where are the big, industry shifting 3rd party exclusives, because that's what much of the 3rd party support on the SNES was. Exclusives.

Switch can't even get COD. It's support isn't good. People are just stomaching it better because the breadcrumbs are more frequent.

OT: Yeah, I haven't touched mine since XB:2. Mario Tennis Aces will be fun soon if I can get my sister to play with me, but it's been a dry few months. What the world really needs is a release date for the new GOAT, SMTV.

for me there are  a ton of games I want on Switch that I dont yet have, so a lack of CODm Destiny, or AssassinsCREED, or Tom Clancy's Hot Dog Vendor, and what not don't really bother me. 

Indie support has been great enough to keep in it.

Don't know what you mean by Wii being better....that's really don't get that.

Really not much clarification needed after reading that.

Part of the problem is their insistence on keeping the 3DS alive, it's still getting a fairly big amount of in-house developer attention, which is pulling resources away from where they should be; the Switch. Nintendo promised to solve the issue with dry spells that the Wii U suffered from, and even though its been far from a disaster thus far, it hasn't really come close to the promise or potential either. For my part, I haven't played mine in months and there are very few games on my radar as well, there seems to be a big focus on Wii U and Wii ports, which is annoying, this is exactly what bothered me about the PS4 and Xbox One at the beginning of their life cycles.

If they're serious about 20+ million sold in one year, they need to show how they intend to accomplish this, I know it's not a load to be carried by the likes of LABO or re-releases of Wii U games.

Edit; to be fair, I've only bought 2-3 PS4 games in the past year or so and I still only own one game for the Xbox One, so the others haven't inundated me with exciting titles either (my subjective opinion, of course).

zorg1000 said:
DélioPT said:

Since when are games that sell ~2 million considered irrelevant?

In the sense that they only sell to the install base - 'cause what they did. The same way that Mario Tennis and Yoshi will sell to the userbase.

It's making me a bit discouraged too. A lot of lack luster titles and ports. We need a big hitter. Dark Souls 3 would have been nice had it not gotten pushed back. Shame that Switch has all this potential and is having dry spells of any degree.