By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams - Sound/Music [Prepare To Have Your Mind BLOWN]

When Is That Dern Beta Coming

Around the Network

there needs to be a compelling story mode!!! so that the "free creation" is kind of the MP take on the game.  they cant count the free creation to be what will sell this game, because it wont.  Damn even if you want create a Battle Royale mode with the game as MP

ehh not really feeling it. Creating music portion just isn't interesting to me personally

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
ehh not really feeling it. Creating music portion just isn't interesting to me personally

If I remember correctly They said in PSX that they allow people to kinda make mini dev teams, so people who aren't good at making music but love making levels can team up with other players and ask them to make things for you like the music, and another person can make characters and so on. And any asset made by another player is automatically put in the credits of that level.

The question is: Can I use this to make a PUBG clone?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
We already have way too many music tools for some people to even care about another one of these feature.

Well yes, if we ignore everything else it can do, that's ALL it is ...

Did you not notice the mannequin they took control of and walked around the set they'd created, listen to what they were saying or see the beat machine he made at the end of the stream?  

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 19 May 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Heavenly_King said:

there needs to be a compelling story mode!!! so that the "free creation" is kind of the MP take on the game.  they cant count the free creation to be what will sell this game, because it wont.  Damn even if you want create a Battle Royale mode with the game as MP

There is. There are three interwoven games: A point and click adventure, a sci-fi platformer and a fantasy adventure/platformer. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 19 May 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Mar1217 said:
We already have way too many music tools for some people to even care about another one of these feature.

yeah no one cares about music when creating a game

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

twintail said:
Tmfwang said:
It’s f’ing crazy. Really hope the general awareness of this game picks up :/

A 90+ MC score would skyrocket the general public awareness :D

it wont, because of this:

PwerlvlAmy said:

The music tools are definitely incredible. 

But they need to be showing off more extended looks at different genres having been made with the tools. 

I agree. I've been complaining for a while now over at Resetera about their inconsistent promotions of the game. Each stream has been great but it's only once a month and any momentum gained by a stream immediately gets lost in the following weeks. They now need to step it up and have a stream a week. It's clear there is SO much there and there would be no problem doing that. We need to see a whole game being played (made by the team) and then take a deep dive into the creation of said game. I'm just frustrated at this piecemeal approach. The LBP thrive on this information. They like to plan ahead of release based on th logic and abilities they've been shown. This planning creates discussion BETWEEN the streams, maintaining and building the hype.

MM now need to throw the doors open and reveal everything, except their story mode. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Porcupine_I said:
The question is: Can I use this to make a PUBG clone?

I'm not sure if it's possible to get 100 players into 1 dream at the same time. I think creators should focus on ideas for 1-2 players for now.