By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams - Sound/Music [Prepare To Have Your Mind BLOWN]

Lafiel said:
Porcupine_I said:
The question is: Can I use this to make a PUBG clone?

I'm not sure if it's possible to get 100 players into 1 dream at the same time. I think creators should focus on ideas for 1-2 players for now.

Yes, people have got to curve their ambitions. Whilst it's absolutely true you can make any genre you want in Dreams, from RPGs, FPS to Platformers (and beyond), we can't expect each of those genres to be expressed equally as well as the best of the best. It would be lunacy to think like this. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Heavenly_King said:

there needs to be a compelling story mode!!! so that the "free creation" is kind of the MP take on the game.  they cant count the free creation to be what will sell this game, because it wont.  Damn even if you want create a Battle Royale mode with the game as MP

There is. There are three interwoven games: A point and click adventure, a sci-fi platformer and a fantasy adventure/platformer. 

I am referring to actually 1 great, long and compelling story campaign.  They are just trowing characters and gameplay mechanics saying it is a SP campaign.  If they had something like Heavy Rain or Beyond two Souls as SP campaign, while also having the level creation component, that would would be great.  BUT They are basically doing what they did with LBP.   making a sp campaign around the level creation mechanic.  It had no main protagonist, and not a compelling story.

There are not promoting NONE of those story components, because they are just putting them there as examples of the level creation and nothing more.

Really unbelievable how patient Sony has been with them.

areason said:

why would you not be "patient" with a studio that makes a profit every quarter (since the release of LBP2) and that is doing Sony intern work on the side while developing games?

Lafiel said:
areason said:

why would you not be "patient" with a studio that makes a profit every quarter (since the release of LBP2) and that is doing Sony intern work on the side while developing games?

Not sure about their intern work on the side, but it's been 5 years since the release of the PS5 and they haven't released a game yet. That is five years without any sort of substantial income. 

Around the Network
areason said:
Lafiel said:

Not sure about their intern work on the side, but it's been 5 years since the release of the PS5 and they haven't released a game yet. That is five years without any sort of substantial income. 

They released Tearaway Unfolded in 2015. Btw their financial reports are online at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05665849/filing-history and the latest one covering their financials through march 2017 is showing that they made 4million pounds in profits in both FY2016 and FY2017.

The studio has a substantial catalogue of DLC for LBP2 / 3 and asset catalogue for other devs to buy from aswell as a big chunk of invested money (equity) from their income amassed from previous releases.