By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA VI should have a female and homosexual protagonists.

Should GTA VI have female and gay playable protagonists?

Yes for equal Representation! 8 7.08%

No. I am homophobic and s... 29 25.66%

Let Rockstar do what they... 76 67.26%

Total:113

A character should fit the story the writer wants to tell. That's far more important than checking off a item on your political agenda.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
JRPGfan said:

A gay man doesnt have to act any differntly than a straight one, in a video game.....
unless it comes down to story elements, like he has a husban (instead of a wife) ect.

Why would it effect a persons personality to be gay? huh? unless your the flamboyant gay type, thats doing it for attention and to point out to others hes gay.
Most gay people are just like normal strait people, they dont really act differntly or have differnt personalities.

Are you even gay to assume all of these about gay men?

No, and have only met a few gay/lesbians, but they didnt "act" differntly than everyone else.
Like if you saw them on the streets, you wouldnt go "that person is obviously gay".

I'm just going to make it short... There's absolutely no reason for Rockstar not to do this on this day and age of gaming. Bye.

I'll give you one reason: sales.

Forcing in token versatility protagonists would do nothing good for the game.

There a reason why, or just because? Most people couldn’t care less about playing as either of those, but when a developer is only doing because they “have to” as some sort of check in the box, lest they or their players be criticized by a small group of internet trolls for not accepting political correctness, then all you’re doing is asking for people to get pissed and say hell no, we don’t that. SJW’s need to learn that seeing/ playing as different types of people in entertainment is not the problem; it’s the principle of how it’s approached. Stop telling people they have to.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Kaneman! said:

I'm just going to make it short... There's absolutely no reason for Rockstar not to do this on this day and age of gaming. Bye.

I'll give you one reason: sales.

Forcing in token versatility protagonists would do nothing good for the game.

Do you have data supporting this?

I don't think sales is the reason. GTA VI can be trash and it will still sell based on the brand alone.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

A gay man doesnt have to act any differntly than a straight one, in a video game.....
unless it comes down to story elements, like he has a husban (instead of a wife) ect.

Why would it effect a persons personality to be gay? huh? unless your the flamboyant gay type, thats doing it for attention and to point out to others hes gay.
Most gay people are just like normal strait people, they dont really act differntly or have differnt personalities.

Are you even gay to assume all of these about gay men?

On the other side of this, you're assuming that gay men have to act like a stereotype. At least, he's giving them the benefit of a doubt by assuming they act like other men.

Flilix said:
I'll be disappointed if we don't get an 80 year old lesbian black Buddhist woman with a mental disability as one of the protagonists.

Wow, that's so offensive to little people by excluding them. Please stop with the discrmination. 

Don't worry, GTA VI won't have single player anyway, because GTA online brings in far more of dem sweet sweet moneyz! Sou you'll basically get GTA online 2 and there you'll be able to make whatever character you like. Hooray!

=P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I am sympathetic with every minority or majority, but i'm not sympathetic towards shoehorning things just for the sake of representation. You aren't doing anyone a favor by saying such things, or accusing people of being homophobic for disagreeing just shows how unreasonable you are.

OdinHades said:
Don't worry, GTA VI won't have single player anyway, because GTA online brings in far more of dem sweet sweet moneyz! Sou you'll basically get GTA online 2 and there you'll be able to make whatever character you like. Hooray!

=P

Lol maybe they can make your own story creator that you can play like RPG maker? i would love to make a story about Britney killing Christina's music career  and Beyonce stealing songwriting credits on their journey to the hollywood top charts.😂

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p