By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won April NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBO)

Shadow1980 said:
Aura7541 said:
  • PS4 had the highest April unit sales since the Wii in April 2009 and the highest April dollar sales since the Wii in April 2008.

Can verify:

Can you compare 2nd Aprils for Switch and the rest as well as 6th April to the rest for PS4?

Around the Network

Labo didn't bomb but it's performance is nothing to celebrate.

Shadow1980 said:
Aura7541 said:
  • PS4 had the highest April unit sales since the Wii in April 2009 and the highest April dollar sales since the Wii in April 2008.

Can verify:

April 2008 is about twice the second place, lol. How did it manage to achieve that?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Can verify:

April 2008 is about twice the second place, lol. How did it manage to achieve that?

Smash Bros+Mario Kart released in March/April

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Smash Bros+Mario Kart released in March/April

Okay, makes sense then that that month is so freaking huge

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Labo is 4. best selling game in April, now we can stop with those nonsense that Labo bombed.

The non sense was the Labo vs God of war thread where basically a well known game with a huge fanbase was pit against a cardboard creation kit for no other reason than it was a Nintendo product and people here don't think clearly because when you are in a place where group thought is allowed to thrive, it does. 

Sh1nn said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/april-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-may-15th.40837/page-7#post-8057346

PS4 : 326k Switch : 171k X1 : 134k 3DS : 70k

On the software side (digital not included)

Top sellers were God of War, Far Cry 5, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

These data are false.

The origin of the mistake is to take the sales data in dollars as if they were in number of units, when the average selling price of the consoles is not the same.

And with the PS4, in April with the bundle of WOW at  400$ and Far Cry 5, the average price has increased with respect to previous months, and obviously, it is above the average sale price of Switch in USA.

Therefore, really PS4 sold less than 1.92 times the switch, and their sales are much lower than the 326k that have been considered valid.

The sales difference has been much lower in the month of April in the USA in number of units.

Prinz (also known as Soony Xbone Uhh on ResetERA) alt - Aura7541

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 23 May 2018

Miyamotoo said:
Megiddo said:

Agreed. It didn't bomb. It sold to Nintendo enthusiasts which is why it had minimal if any impact on hardware sales.

Agree, it seems that Labo definitely didn't moved Switch hardware, but it will be interesting to pay attention Labo sales in following months especially during Holiday season when could move some units also.

I do not know much about Labo but I have seen the bolded multiple times so I have to ask. Why does Labo get a wait until basically next year before we can judge the sales of it? I mean an entire 8 months before the sales can be judged? Is it something else that is going to happen with it or something? Again I do not not much about it at all.....heck I don't even know what kind of game it is outside of that it is on the Switch to be honest lol. But I was just curious as to why it gets pretty much 8 months before anyone can judge the sales of it for real that is all.

Laincito said:
Sh1nn said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/april-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-may-15th.40837/page-7#post-8057346

PS4 : 326k Switch : 171k X1 : 134k 3DS : 70k

On the software side (digital not included)

Top sellers were God of War, Far Cry 5, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

These data are false.

The origin of the mistake is to take the sales data in dollars as if they were in number of units, when the average selling price of the consoles is not the same.

And with the PS4, in the month of April with the bundle of WOW at  400$ and Far Cry 5, the average price has increased with respect to previous months, and obviously, it is above the average sale price of Switch in USA.

Therefore, really PS4 sold less than 1.92 times the switch, and their sales are much lower than the 326k that have been considered valid.

The sales difference has been much lower in the month of April in the USA in number of units.

I was sure that this data had been pretty much verified. Where did you get the info that it was incorrect from? I mean I see your calculations but that is also a guess as well. Also your posting style seems super familiar.....are you an ALT?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agree, it seems that Labo definitely didn't moved Switch hardware, but it will be interesting to pay attention Labo sales in following months especially during Holiday season when could move some units also.

I do not know much about Labo but I have seen the bolded multiple times so I have to ask. Why does Labo get a wait until basically next year before we can judge the sales of it? I mean an entire 8 months before the sales can be judged? Is it something else that is going to happen with it or something? Again I do not not much about it at all.....heck I don't even know what kind of game it is outside of that it is on the Switch to be honest lol. But I was just curious as to why it gets pretty much 8 months before anyone can judge the sales of it for real that is all.

Laincito said:

These data are false.

And with the PS4, in the month of April with the bundle of WOW at  400$ and Far Cry 5, the average price has increased with respect to previous months, and obviously, it is above the average sale price of Switch in USA.

I was sure that this data had been pretty much verified. Where did you get the info that it was incorrect from? I mean I see your calculations but that is also a guess as well. Also your posting style seems super familiar.....are you an ALT?

The data comes from the original post with the following information in volume sales:

PS4: 1.92
Switch: 1
XBox One: 0.79
3DS: 0.41

Then, one people, Lelouch0612 in ResetEra post:

PS4 : 326k
Switch : 171k
X1 : 134k
3DS : 70k

that follows the same proportion...;)

When the average price of Switch and PS4 is not the same, from there, everything else is wrong...

TheBlackNaruto said:
Miyamotoo said:

Laincito said:

These data are false.

I came to the same conclusion.  It was reported that UNIT sales were the highest since 2009 and sales in DOLLARS terms was the highest since 2008 so I don't know how it can be below 326k when we have all the data to come to that conclusion.