By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won April NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBO)

Farsala said:
Miyamotoo said:

But even without those 175k for PS4 in 2nd April on market, best previous month before this April with GoW was 206k for PS4

Hence the expectation for 200k+. XB1 2nd April was 187k, so Switch is last out of the 3 consoles for the month. Sure it isn't far off, but I expected more, considering the trend of Switch sales.

Personally I also expected more for Switch sales in April, but I also expected Labo will perform better and it will have bigger effect on Switch sales, but regardles that Switch numbers are not bad if we compared them with past PS4 numbers, while in same time PS4 sales for this month are great, we talking about boost from best previous month 206k to current 326k.

quickrick said:
Farsala said:

Hence the expectation for 200k+. XB1 2nd April was 187k, so Switch is last out of the 3 consoles for the month. Sure it isn't far off, but I expected more, considering the trend of Switch sales.

Switch did a lot better april, then march and feb compared to ps4 second year, so I dont get why you would expect more.

Isnt Switch had better January, February and March than those second months for PS4?

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 in it's 5th year is still dominating.

Well, are you surprised ? :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

quickrick said:
Farsala said:

Switch did a lot better april, then march and feb compared to ps4 second year, so I dont get why you would expect more.

Disagree.

PS4 did 847k in those 3 months with Evolve, The Order, Xenoverse, Battlefield, Bloodborne, MLB, Type 0, and MK X. 8 new charting games with only 1 in April.

Switch did 758k in those 3 months with Bayonetta 2, Kirby, Labo and DK. 4 new games charting with 2 in April.

Switch underperformed for April.

Miyamotoo said:
Farsala said:

Personally I also expected more for Switch sales in April, but I also expected Labo will perform better and it will have bigger effect on Switch sales, but regardles that Switch numbers are not bad if we compared them with past PS4 numbers, while in same time PS4 sales for this month are great, we talking about boost from best previous month 206k to current 326k.

quickrick said:

Isnt Switch had better January, February and March than those second months for PS4?

No switch had worse sales in February and march.

Farsala said:
quickrick said:

Disagree.

PS4 did 847k in those 3 months with Evolve, The Order, Xenoverse, Battlefield, Bloodborne, MLB, Type 0, and MK X. 8 new charting games with only 1 in April.

Switch did 758k in those 3 months with Bayonetta 2, Kirby, Labo and DK. 4 new games charting with 2 in April.

DKTF is May release and Labo is April release, so Switch had only Bayonetta 2, Kirby and Labo in first 4 months.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
quickrick said:

Disagree.

The 3 months switch also gets extra week in JAN.  April switch was much closer, almost even to ps4 sales then the last 2 months, we'll agree to disagree. 

Miyamotoo said:
Farsala said:

Disagree.

DKTF is May release and Labo is April release, so Switch had only Bayonetta 2, Kirby and Labo in first 4 months.

Apparently april NPD included 2 days of DKTF sales.

Rather than the PS4, how did the second year's April for the 3DS do? Since the Switch is both a portable and a home console, it should be compared to both.

When you keep releasing great single player games, you will continue to dominate.

I think many guys want to Switch sell and cover PS4 sales as a measure of success and this is a mistake as they are consoles with proposals and very different public. At the moment guys, the Switch has to at least be equal to the 3ds + wii u sales, since it has united its two fronts, to become a success. This is the current target market for nintendo, not the market that sony achieves.
If Switch already sells more than 3ds monthly, there is a bright future.