By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won April NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBO)

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
I didn't expect Switch to "lose momentum" this much. It's going to be interesting to see whether new games will bounce it back.

Yeah I'm sure It'll decline even further once Smash and Pokemon release *eye roll* 

Around the Network

Not surprised! But Labo at 3rd! And DK at 4th! Wow!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Woah, that's a huge April for PS4. I guess God of War really did make big waves.

Switch is doing just fine too. Xbox, while last, is up approximately 20% from their last April. And is up about 34% up yoy when we combine Janruary-April together.

Another good month for everyone.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The thing is the Switch is 5K away from the PS4'S second April and look how well the ps4 is doing now.

No one was saying that the PS4 was losing Momentum etc... Back then so why is this the narrative being pushed for Switch?

zorg1000 said:
CosmicSex said:
BTW. Does anyone have a quick tally of NPD 1st 2nd and 3rd finishers for 2018?

YTD
PS4: ~1.3M (+7%)
NSW: ~1.03M (-13%)
XB1: ~980K (+34%)

Not bad for the Switch considering it had been an alright game releases for the first 4 months.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
What's the April global numbers?

NPD doesnt do global numbers

Pocky Lover Boy! 

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
I didn't expect Switch to "lose momentum" this much. It's going to be interesting to see whether new games will bounce it back.

Its not at all though. if we  compare it to the market leading ps4 average in sales in april, it shows less of a decline then it did in Feb and march. 

JSG87 said:
The thing is the Switch is 5K away from the PS4'S second April and look how well the ps4 is doing now.

No one was saying that the PS4 was losing Momentum etc... Back then so why is this the narrative being pushed for Switch?

Actually they were saying that about the PS4 back then as well.......

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Pinkie_pie said:
How is nintendo expecting to sell 20m switch this year when it's not gonna outsell ps4 and Sony is expecting 16m this year?

Pokemon

Super Smash Bros

Yokai Watch 4 (if it turns out big)

Monster Hunter 

Animal Crossing

A new 2D Mario

Pocky Lover Boy! 

So people prediction for Switch was averaging higher than what NPD get and people are pretending that is nothing and 20M isn't endangered?
Sure FY started now, but considering the previous months the trend is down and they will need some good reversion to get it 33% higher than last year when excluded the Release numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."