By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - State of Decay 2 - Review Thread MC: 68 OC: 69

Damn I was looking forward to this game. I dont have the patience to play mediocre games anymore. Maybe next year when the game is fixed

Around the Network

Tagging this, some of the comments are gold.

The thing is, the score is low, is it shocking? Not really, I can't imagine anyone was expecting this to be in the 80-90% range based on the first game and the recent lack of polish in their games.

As long as it stays above red I think it's not a "low" scope for the title, sort of like Kirby on switch getting a 73, no one was expecting botw/Odyssey scores there in reality. It's expectedly middle of the road if that makes sense.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nothing wrong with a 69 ;)

Ganoncrotch said:

The thing is, the score is low, is it shocking? Not really, I can't imagine anyone was expecting this to be in the 80-90% range based on the first game and the recent lack of polish in their games.

As long as it stays above red I think it's not a "low" scope for the title, sort of like Kirby on switch getting a 73, no one was expecting botw/Odyssey scores there in reality. It's expectedly middle of the road if that makes sense.

At least , I saw 19 people .

And please don't involve Kirby into this argument.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8692132

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 18 May 2018

Ganoncrotch said:

Not shocking but still kind of surprising.  The studio now has a lot more capital thanks to sales of the first game and signing a much touted contract with Microsoft.  They've also had a long development period to build on what they learned from the first game.

I think it was reasonable to expect a leap in quality.

Now I'm wondering if this IP is actually kind of on cruise control because they know people will buy it, while they focus their attention on the other projects.  I know they were talking about an MMO at one point, which makes me wonder if they're on Microsoft's GaaS bandwagon.

Around the Network

Really too bad, was considering getting this on PC to play with buds. Guess I'll just have to finish Dying Light instead.

bananaking21 said:
Kaneman! said:

This precisely. At first I didn't even realize that there was a permadeath factor until my first few characters died - a horde could just overwhelm you easily. But then I somehow managed to survive and beat the game with an old asthmatic dude named Pokorny. He was a legend. No noteworthy skills, and yet he pushed through it all. His famous, often-said quote "I need a breather" will always be remembered.

That sounds interesting actually. Does it have an actual story or is it a "make your own story" type of game? 

It does have an overarching story, although it is a bit cliché.

From what I've saw the co op is kinda half-assed and glitchy, so considering it was the most requested feature by fans of the original, it's understandable that so many people are disappointed. I also can't see Crackdown 3 faring much better than this game and SoT, so I hope MS have some real winners up their sleeves for XB1 this year.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Started the game this morning, looks great on my Scorpio. Made a racket rummaging through a bag for loot, got jumped by zombies. Ah, feels good to be back in State of Decay.

The score and the lack of polish for State of Decay 2 is very disappointing. Microsoft has one of the worst track record this generation, the fact that they claim to have help PUBG polish the game on console is the cherry on top for what was a lack luster in performance this generation.

State of Decay 2 was given the AAA treatment at E3 but it reality it never got the budget and staff to make a full AAA game.

Never the less, I can't wait to play State of Decay 2, the first game in the serie was one of my favorite game on Xbox 360 and it apparently ran much worst then State of Decay 2. For fan of the first game seem like they brought many improvement we would want in a sequel.

Last edited by yvanjean - on 18 May 2018