By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - State of Decay 2 - Review Thread MC: 68 OC: 69

CGI-Quality said:

⚠️

I get the sense that some of you are enjoying watching this game's more negative reviews come in. So, let's move on to other things if State of Decay 2 isn't something you're interested in.

Not exactly. Harsh words are harsh but they are essential sometimes.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

"Not a riddle now why they are hidding Xbox One number's"

Still, they are doing it, and there is a purpose of such behavior.

That's the ugly reality.

One has to wonder what the hell is going on with MS Studios, which I'm sure will make for a super interesting read when they (dis)close.
Like, the WiiU and PSVita still had good titles

BANNED: Trolling ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 17 May 2018

CGI-Quality said:

The Trolling in here is over. 

The problem here is that .., it is not a trolling. 

The rest- sure, but actually I dont feel like this could insult anybody.

Im gone, pro publico bono.

KingofTrolls said:
CGI-Quality said:

The Trolling in here is over. 

The problem here is that .., it is not a trolling. 

The rest- sure, but actually I dont feel like this could insult anybody.

Im gone, pro publico bono.

Even if you are not trolling, you are derailing the thread. The discussion about Microsoft hiding XB1 numbers is not relevant to a review thread of a specific game. If you want to talk about Microsoft hiding XB1 numbers, then take that discussion to another thread where it is more appropriate, i.e. threads that talk about worldwide hardware sales.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

"...although there’s a very competent core loop and entertaining resource management sim somewhere within State of Decay 2, it’s really, really, broken. Unacceptably so. It frustrated me mightily to see a flash of a game I wanted to play, only to be immediately reminded that it’s not ready for release. "

"it’s true that you can have a lot of fun with this sequel. The problem is that almost all of that fun comes from laughing and pointing at how broken it is."

Ouch.

Another one that lacked polish before releaseing....
Why doesnt MS give their devs some time to launch games in a better state than this?

Well, we know that MS isnt against delays. State of Decay and Sea of Thieves were delayed from 2017. However, how much more can you delay a game until it becomes a running joke like Crackdown 3 or FFVII Remake?

Heck they have already given Crackdown an extra 2 years past its original release date, possibly more.

And remind me what other unpolished game MS has put out recently (besides pubg, which they openly call a work in progress).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Time wouldn’t matter. Undead Labs games just have jank, like Bethesda games. And like Bethesda games, I don’t mind because the games are so good :)

A lot of people went after Bethesda for how shitty Fallout 4 was. People aren't accepting this nonsense anymore regardless of developer.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

flashfire926 said:
JRPGfan said:

"...although there’s a very competent core loop and entertaining resource management sim somewhere within State of Decay 2, it’s really, really, broken. Unacceptably so. It frustrated me mightily to see a flash of a game I wanted to play, only to be immediately reminded that it’s not ready for release. "

"it’s true that you can have a lot of fun with this sequel. The problem is that almost all of that fun comes from laughing and pointing at how broken it is."

Ouch.

Another one that lacked polish before releaseing....
Why doesnt MS give their devs some time to launch games in a better state than this?

Well, we know that MS isnt against delays. State of Decay and Sea of Thieves were delayed from 2017. However, how much more can you delay a game until it becomes a running joke like Crackdown 3 or FFVII Remake?

Heck they have already given Crackdown an extra 2 years past its original release date, possibly more.

And remind me what other unpolished game MS has put out recently (besides pubg, which they openly call a work in progress).

Abit off topic but since you asked..... Recore, Pubg, Sea of theives, Quantum Break, halo mcc all had issues with lots of bugs/glitiches at launch.  Its a lack of polish issue, if your game comes out at launch with alot of issues related to bugs/glitches. State of Decay 2 could have used more polish.

Please No bannerio me for replying to this guy CGI.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 17 May 2018

jason1637 said:
That's not that great but I'll still play it on game pass.

Ah! I think MS might have a tagline for the holiday ad campaign! Lots of skateboards. Maybe even a subliminal reach-around.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

alternine said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Time wouldn’t matter. Undead Labs games just have jank, like Bethesda games. And like Bethesda games, I don’t mind because the games are so good :)

A lot of people went after Bethesda for how shitty Fallout 4 was. People aren't accepting this nonsense anymore regardless of developer.

Yeah the game has sold around 15,000,000 copies. Clearly people aren’t accepting it.