By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of these dormant Nintendo series would you most like to see rebooted?

Which of these dormant Nintendo series would you most like to see rebooted?

Advance Wars 190 13.16%

Excite 25 1.73%

F-Zero 386 26.73%

Golden Sun 214 14.82%

Kid Icarus 142 9.83%

Mother/EarthBound 181 12.53%

Punch-Out!! 71 4.92%

Sin & Punishment 46 3.19%

Wario Land 104 7.20%

Wave Race 85 5.89%

Total:1,444

Excite Truck on the Wii was one of the best games on the system imo and it was one of the only titles to allow you to play mp3s from the SD card while playing.

Would love to see a Switch remaster of that game or a new title.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Custom Robo

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Ridiculous list. I’m not voting if Diddy Kong  racing isn’t on there. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:
Okay, where's Mother 3 localization Regie ?!!

I know a lot of people want a Mother 3 localization, but because the story is so needlessly depressing, and the ending feels like the developers just spit in your face, I could care less.

´Needlessly depressing´ It´s not. It has a depressing beginning and a depressing ending and both are necesary to tell the stor Itoi wanted to tell. The slogan of the franchise was ´there is no crying until the end´ and this was the end. This was supposed to be the last and to end it the ending is what it is. It´s not a spit in your face it´s litereally the way to let you know. ´this is the end, the characters are alive but its done this is it there is nothing left.´ The biggest problem with localizing Mother 3 is the Magypsies and im 100% certain its whats holding Nintendo back from releasing it. 

Usually I´d vote for Mother/Earthbound but that franchise is so perfect I dont think they should touch it unless it´s a re release or a remake, that´s why I voted for Kid Icarus because Uprising was a fantastic game and it deserves and needs a sequel.

Around the Network

Calling Kid Icarus dormant is a little rich compared to these other series, but I want another of those. Barring that I'd love a new Wario Land, Shake-It! was amazing.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Golden Sun, Kid Icarus and Pilotwings. They hold so much potential, especially Pilotwings.

village boy learns to jump.

Megaoverlord12 said:
Calling Kid Icarus dormant is a little rich compared to these other series, but I want another of those. Barring that I'd love a new Wario Land, Shake-It! was amazing.

We haven´t heard anything about the franchise since the last game in 2012 except that Sakurai doesnt want to make another one and that Nintendo was dissapointed with the sales. Pretty sure they dont have any plans with the series. 

To be honest, I'd love to see those series come back either through remakes or new entries, but I'd rank them thus:

1) F Zero
2) Advance Wars
3) Kid Icarus
4) Mother/Earthbound
5) Wave Race
6) Golden Sun
7) Wario Land
8) Sin & Punishment
9) Punch Out
10) Excite

F-Zero or Advance Wars for me. If I had to choose, I'd go with Advance Wars for the size and depth it would bring.