By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

StarDoor said:
Wyrdness said:
Details on Pokemon 2019 say it's a combination of XY and Sun/Moon in style and approach.

Who said this, and where was it said?

It was said during the conference go check the updates on Eurogamer's twitter.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
StarDoor said:

Who said this, and where was it said?

More importantly, what does that even mean :P

Not really that hard to understand as both games have different approaches it just means they taking aspects from both sets of games in the new one.

Wyrdness said:
Nuvendil said:

More importantly, what does that even mean :P

Not really that hard to understand as both games have different approaches it just means they taking aspects from both sets of games in the new one.

Okay, I'm assuming that you're talking about this:

But that doesn't sound like they're indicating that Gen 8 will be a combination of X/Y and Sun/Moon, that just sounds like they think X/Y and Sun/Moon are of the same style, which is distinct from the new style of Let's Go.

StarDoor said:
Wyrdness said:

Okay, I'm assuming that you're talking about this:

But that doesn't sound like they're indicating that Gen 8 will be a combination of X/Y and Sun/Moon, that just sounds like they think X/Y and Sun/Moon are of the same style, which is distinct from the new style of Let's Go.

If they wanted to emphasise a difference from LG they would have just mentioned Sun/Moon or X/Y alone, seeing as both games have a difference in style and approach of the formula which fans are divided on bringing them both up indicates they see them as core experiences but with different approaches so to not risk worrying fans of one or the other mention both. This comes across as looking at both games for inspiration for the next.

Just woke up from my alarm, oh my god I can't process all this in my half asleep state help!

Around the Network

So the rumor of this topic was wrong, since the core Pokemon Switch has officially been pushed back to the second half of 2019.

Medisti said:
So the rumor of this topic was wrong, since the core Pokemon Switch has officially been pushed back to the second half of 2019.

No, rumor actually is quite accurate, Pokemon Switch game that takes some things from Pokemon GO, core Pokemon game wasn't even mentioned in rumor.

Miyamotoo said:
Medisti said:

No, rumor actually is quite accurate, Pokemon Switch game that takes some things from Pokemon GO, core Pokemon game wasn't even mentioned in rumor.

But it also said this would be Pokemon Switch and it's not. It wasn't stated in the rumor it was a spin-off. 

Medisti said:
Miyamotoo said:

But it also said this would be Pokemon Switch and it's not. It wasn't stated in the rumor it was a spin-off. 

The full conference is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_qtyOa5Dg

Listen after the Let's Go trailer at 17:12: "I'm happy to announce the newest titles in the mainline series of Pokemon RPGs..."

Medisti said:
Miyamotoo said:

But this is Pokemon Switch, its Pokemon for Switch. They didnt stated in rumor its spinoff, even Game Freak didnt call this game spinoff but new game, and almost everything from rumour is accurate.

Like in post above you can see, they said "I'm happy to announce the newest titles in the mainline series of Pokemon RPGs..."