By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

melbye said:
I could see that happening, but i don't think Pokemon will release this year but rather March 2019. Smash and Pokemon releasing that close to each other just feel like overkill

3DS got Smash Bros & Pokemon within a 2 month period back in 2014.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Sounds about right, I can't wait.

If true, I'd think announcing it during E3 would be better. I'm excited to see what they'll come up with for this series on the Switch.

Well im sure some people will be happy buy the news lol

Whatever the case may be, we shall get to know Pokemon Switch within the next 30 days anyways.

Around the Network

I’m concerned but also immensely exited for the next Pokemon but then again I just can’t imagine something as big and important for Nintendo to just mess things up.

melbye said:
I could see that happening, but i don't think Pokemon will release this year but rather March 2019. Smash and Pokemon releasing that close to each other just feel like overkill

They are games with totally different appeal, and Nintendo wants to push hard that paid online and also need to ship 20m consoles this FY, also they released like that Pokemon and Smash on 3DS back in 2014.

V-r0cK said:
If true, I'd think announcing it during E3 would be better. I'm excited to see what they'll come up with for this series on the Switch.

They tend not to announce Pokemon titles at E3, for better or for worse...

This seems super vague...

I'm still waiting for all her Mother 3 hype to come through...

Have a nice day...

Lonely_Dolphin said:
nemo37 said:

If true Emily appears to be hinting that it will be tied to Pokemon Go in some way including with regards to naming/branding as well as a new Pokemon Go related accessory.

I would not mind optional integration with Pokemon Go or even including the words "Pokemon Go" in the title, but I do hope that this is an actual core RPG Pokemon game. If not, I can see a generally negative reaction headed their way from the internet.

Right now I am personally guessing the games will be called Pokemon Go Red and Pokemon Go Green. Beyond that I assume the games will be some sort of RPG but I am still not sure if it will be a mainline core RPG Pokemon game.

When they announced it Nintendo said "Gamefreak has begun developing a core RPG Pokemon title on Nintendo Switch" so no worries there.

Since this is an Emily Rogers based rumor, I will add one other thing that she said that makes me worry a bit about whether or not this is a core game. She said "maybe these are not the only  Pokemon games Game Freak is working on". This is in line with Game Freak having two dev teams working on different games simultaneously, and it may also mean that the real core game is slated for release later.

Of course, this is just the worst case scenario for me, where we get a Pokemon game that has no overworld and you are required to use Pokemon Go app to catch Pokemon and transfer it into the game. It is much more likely that this will not be the case, but rather the game simply uses the "Go" branding because it is popular and that using the app will be optional and the game itself will have a world map that the player can explore.

It would make sense since the pokemon company never reveals mainline games at E3.