By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Pokemon Switch will be revealed soon, launching this year

Tmfwang said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, its horrible idea trying to attract tens of millions mobile phones Pokemon players to Switch.

GO was a fad, and a GO-integrated pokemon game is not what fans want.

Dont expect it to be radically different from other core pokemon games they´re probably just using the name and a single mechanic for catching pokemon. I wouldt be too scared of them changing this to GO switch edition. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, its horrible idea trying to attract tens of millions mobile phones Pokemon players to Switch.

If that's their goal then...I mean, it's adorable.  In a way analogous to a small child thinking that if they climb the fifty foot tree with brittle limbs they can touch the clouds.  And is a scenario that is equally likely to end tragically.

Of Course if this Pokemon GO interaction rumor is true that their goal is that game has wider appealing. Fans will buy Switch Pokemon game despite Go-integration, its not like it will be something they need to use, this will be still core Pokemon game.

Tmfwang said: 
Miyamotoo said: 

There are still millions of Go players and Switch Pokemon game will definitely attract some of those mobile players, fans will buy Switch Pokemon game despite Go-integration, its not like it will be something they need to use, this will be still core Pokemon game.

Miyamotoo said:
Nuvendil said:

If that's their goal then...I mean, it's adorable.  In a way analogous to a small child thinking that if they climb the fifty foot tree with brittle limbs they can touch the clouds.  And is a scenario that is equally likely to end tragically.

Of Course if this Pokemon GO interaction rumor is true that their goal is that game has wider appealing. Fans will buy Switch Pokemon game despite Go-integration, its not like it will be something they need to use, this will be still core Pokemon game.

Tmfwang said: 

There are still millions of Go players and Switch Pokemon game will definitely attract some of those mobile players, fans will buy Switch Pokemon game despite Go-integration, its not like it will be something they need to use, this will be still core Pokemon game.

We fans certainly do put up with Gamefreak's silly decisions for the most part, but I think 151 Pokemon only is too grievous an offense to be shrugged off by the majority.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

We fans certainly do put up with Gamefreak's silly decisions for the most part, but I think 151 Pokemon only is too grievous an offense to be shrugged off by the majority.

You'd need to see how the game is executed first as I can see it being fine if the game is significantly rebooted from older games.

Wyrdness said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

You'd need to see how the game is executed first as I can see it being fine if the game is significantly rebooted from older games.

Well a reboot I think would not go down well.  

However, yes, if this 151 thing is true but the game is a glorious current gen Pokemon that looks as good as Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, or at least Xenoblade 2 technically than yeah, thry could probably sell that as the game being used to build the technology needed for Pokemon's HD future.  But if it's less than that, then it won't fly.  People will want a good reason for the cut roster besides nostalgia.  And they will want to know it's coming back.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Despite me saying that before, there does come a point where a concept is truely so bad there's no way to make it good. 151 Pokemon kills the whole game. Imagine if Smash 5 dropped every character except the original 12, that's what this is.

Nuvendil said:
Wyrdness said:

However, yes, if this 151 thing is true but the game is a glorious current gen Pokemon that looks as good as Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, or at least Xenoblade 2 technically than yeah, thry could probably sell that as the game being used to build the technology needed for Pokemon's HD future.  But if it's less than that, then it won't fly.  People will want a good reason for the cut roster besides nostalgia.  And they will want to know it's coming back.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

Despite me saying that before, there does come a point where a concept is truely so bad there's no way to make it good. 151 Pokemon kills the whole game. Imagine if Smash 5 dropped every character except the original 12, that's what this is.

As I said if the game is a reboot as mentioned you'd need to see the level of reboot it is because if the are a whole load of new features and mechanics to grasp then it would be fine as a reboot doesn't necessarily add new characters or ones added later in series it can also be about changing the experience around existing ones.

Wyrdness said:
Nuvendil said:

Lonely_Dolphin said:

As I said if the game is a reboot as mentioned you'd need to see the level of reboot it is because if the are a whole load of new features and mechanics to grasp then it would be fine as a reboot doesn't necessarily add new characters or ones added later in series it can also be about changing the experience around existing ones.

You can repeat yourself all you like but my stance is unchanging.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

You can repeat yourself all you like but my stance is unchanging.

Nothing´s been confirmed yet and everyone is just assuming at this point. There is no way Gamefreak is gonna get rid of all pokemon except these 151 we will just have to wait and see. I really cant see this as a remake of yellow. Maybe a reimagining of Kanto but a full remake of yellow seems a tad easy for a first Switch outing. 

Pokemon and Yokai both arriving the same Holiday? I don't see it. I was personally expecting Pokemon in 2019 but I have no problem with a Reboot. Especially if they really take the time to flesh out the world, animations and implement a cinematic realtime/ATB battle system reflecting the kind of battles you see in the anime.