By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Grand Prix?! O_O

Shaqazooloo0 said:

The only thing that makes sense with this rumor is the genre shift. On rail shooters are died, after Star Fox Zero I kind of had to question whether I even liked Star Fox 64 or not. On-rail shooters are probably too expensive to make now and are unappealing, the next best thing for Star Fox is a racing game imo. They could definitely pull it off but I honestly just can't get behind this rumor. it's one of those ones that i'll have to see it to believe because everything else about it is baffling.

On-rails dead for sure.

I would have liked to see it more story based with foot missions mixed in with free flying missions.

Star Fox Adventures did the cut scenes, story telling, world design and foot missions well, whilst Star Fox Assault Peal all that away but mixed the foot and flying missions and made it faster paced.

To me Star Fox is a wasted opportunity they played it too safe and have always treated it a second tier game. 

Imagine if it had the budget of the latest Zelda game.

Around the Network

So after this E³ when it turns out that this is fake I'll make a thread about how Emily and that Liam guy lied. Again. Hope I'll remember then.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Miyamotoo said:
What Liam said on his podcast from what he’s heard

- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
- He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
- The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
- You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
- Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
- It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
- You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
- The game looks really really good in motion
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong

One more thing. He also heard it was a 2019 game, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a 2018 game.

Extra tidbits:
- Fire Emblem is on pace to release this year.
- Smash is releasing in October according to his sources

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-leaks-suggest-retro-studios-making-star-fox-racing-spin-off-also-heard-by-egs-sources.42395/page-105#post-8013060

This sounds pretty good. If its real, I expect it to be another must-have Switch exclusive.

If it's made by Retro Studio's, this is to be expected.

Edit: Isn't Liam the guy with the Spotty track record?

Yes it is, this rumors he wrote need to be taken  with big grant of salt.

GoOnKid said:

So after this E³ when it turns out that this is fake I'll make a thread about how Emily and that Liam guy lied. Again. Hope I'll remember then.

In that case you can than make thread about Eurogamer, Kotaku and Gamexplain also, becuase they are saying same thing. :)

Miyamotoo said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

This sounds pretty good. If its real, I expect it to be another must-have Switch exclusive.

Yes it is, this rumors he wrote need to be taken  with big grant of salt.

GoOnKid said:

In that case you can than make thread about Eurogamer, Kotaku and Gamexplain also, becuase they are saying same thing. :)

Thx for the reminder!

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Miyamotoo said:
What Liam said on his podcast from what he’s heard

- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
- He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
- The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
- You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
- Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
- It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
- You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong

One more thing. He also heard it was a 2019 game, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a 2018 game.

Extra tidbits:
- Fire Emblem is on pace to release this year.
- Smash is releasing in October according to his sources

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-leaks-suggest-retro-studios-making-star-fox-racing-spin-off-also-heard-by-egs-sources.42395/page-105#post-8013060

Personally I find both Liam and Emily to be reliable sources, Liam in particular owns the Unseen64 YouTube channel where he covers cancelled games, that alone is proof that he has multiple sources, otherwise he wouldn't be able to know about certain titles or even have fotage for them. There's been very few instances when he was wrong, and still he always points out when a rumor is uncertain, companies make changes all the time behind the scenes, so it's impossible for him to have a perfect track record. If you want to talk about spotty track record, look up Marcus Sellars, who is just a fake insider...

Mar1217 said:
GoOnKid said:

I'm so gonna up this thread after E3 if it ends up being true :P

^this

Around the Network
Luke888 said:

Personally I find both Liam and Emily to be reliable sources, Liam in particular owns the Unseen64 YouTube channel where he covers cancelled games, that alone is proof that he has multiple sources, otherwise he wouldn't be able to know about certain titles or even have fotage for them. There's been very few instances when he was wrong, and still he always points out when a rumor is uncertain, companies make changes all the time behind the scenes, so it's impossible for him to have a perfect track record. If you want to talk about spotty track record, look up Marcus Sellars, who is just a fake insider...

Marcus doesn't really have spotty track record, because that would imply that he actually gets things right a decent amount of times wouldn't it? From what I gather he's mostly wrong and the few occasions he is right, its because he made an educated guess that literally anyone could've gotten right.

I'm honestly not to familiar with Liam other than his spotty track record and Unseen64. I won't comment on Unseen64 since I don't really pay attention to it.

Honestly, for Emily, I don't know, after the whole thing leading up to the Switch presentation (plus a few things after and Mother 3) anything that Emily says means nothing to me until it happens. 

Tbh I don't think we should be listening to these insiders anyway. If what they leak causes reactions like Nintendo Switch Presentation, the Pokemon Direct or the reactions i've been seeing for this rumor i'd rather they just shut up, because whether or not they're right or wrong people always seem to overreact. We atleast shouldn't be taking what they say as a certainty to happen like this rumor.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Luke888 said:

Marcus doesn't really have spotty track record, because that would imply that he actually gets things right a decent amount of times wouldn't it? From what I gather he's mostly wrong and the few occasions he is right, its because he made an educated guess that literally anyone could've gotten right.

I'm honestly not to familiar with Liam other than his spotty track record and Unseen64. I won't comment on Unseen64 since I don't really pay attention to it.

Honestly, for Emily, I don't know, after the whole thing leading up to the Switch presentation (plus a few things after and Mother 3) anything that Emily says means nothing to me until it happens. 

Tbh I don't think we should be listening to these insiders anyway. If what they leak causes reactions like Nintendo Switch Presentation, the Pokemon Direct or the reactions i've been seeing for this rumor i'd rather they just shut up, because whether or not they're right or wrong people always seem to overreact. We atleast shouldn't be taking what they say as a certainty to happen like this rumor.

I think the Star Fox leak was a good thing for the game, it's causing a Mario+Rabbids-like scenario

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Luke888 said:

Exactly. We should stop listening to attention whores.

Luke888 said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

I think the Star Fox leak was a good thing for the game, it's causing a Mario+Rabbids-like scenario

I thought that was bad too. The environment leading into the reveal was toxic af, sure, people shut up after the reveal because of how good it looked, but wouldn't have been better if we had just skipped the toxicity and went right to the part where everybody was showering praise on the developers for pulling off something that no one would've thought could work?

I don't know, if this is real, I would've preferred it be kept secret until reveal so I wouldn't have to put up with extreme hot takes before we even see the product.

and so I couldn't get spoiled

GoOnKid said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

Exactly. We should stop listening to attention whores.

I don't think Robertson and Emily fit the attention whore description, the latter even made her Twitter profile private after some people begun to annoy her after one of her leaks.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Luke888 said:

I thought that was bad too. The environment leading into the reveal was toxic af, sure, people shut up after the reveal because of how good it looked, but wouldn't have been better if we had just skipped the toxicity and went right to the part where everybody was showering praise on the developers for pulling off something that no one would've thought could work?

I don't know, if this is real, I would've preferred it be kept secret until reveal so I wouldn't have to put up with extreme hot takes before we even see the product.

and so I couldn't get spoiled

I think if M+R didn't leak the reveal would've been so surprising that nobody would've taken the game seriously in an attempt to process what was going on, instead people arrived at E3 knowing this would happen, they were ready to insult the game despite not having seen it yet and  were forced to shut up when it ended up being a good game, leaving space for positive opinions of the game