By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers, Show Me Your POWAH!! (Spring 2018 Edition)

Forced to use a Laptop right now because I'm moving around a lot, which got too complicated with my old Big Tower. But a i7 7700HQ and GeForce 1050Ti will more than do for now. Here's the complete specs, for those interested: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/dndnf510s

Around the Network

Due to the current price of GPUs, I did what I have never done before. I bought an Alienware desktop, because it was the only place to get a reasonably priced 1080ti. So I don't know specific motherboard and other hardware information off the top of my head, but here's the gist of what I have:

GTX 1080 ti
16gb ram
i7 8700k

It's definitely a bit of a sacrifice in terms of customizability and control, but I think it was ultimately worth it in the end.

Heh, impossible to follow OP! But I'm happy enough now with my build.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7731075

Ryzen 7 1700 clocked @ 3.2GHZ

16GB DDR4 @ 3GHZ

MSI OC 780ti @ 1.1GHZ

650w Corsair VS650

Kingston V300 240GB (old as fuck) SSD

2x 3TB Toshiba High Performance mechanical drives

Been gathering bits and pieces since November, had a pretty much limitless budget but considering my goal was 1080p/60 (which this far exceeds in most games)then I went with the 780TI and said I'll wait to see the next generation of cards rather than spending big bucks on the outgoing 10 series.

It was very recently migrated into this case and I really have to get something for it to rest on other than carpet... although at least it's on high legs and the carpet is pretty flat, but yeah, I know that's a bad place for it... but hey... it's also a bad place to park a Sovereign class star ship!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Debating over getting a new fancy phone, or to upgrade from a GTX 980Ti. Thoughts?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Debating over getting a new fancy phone, or to upgrade from a GTX 980Ti. Thoughts?

What is your phone? would need to know if that's in need of an update.

I misread this originally but you would only need to move from a 980TI right now if you are gaming at 1440 or 4k and it's a really bad time to upgrade imo.

Go for Amazon and buy a cheap android unbranded thing, I recommend Hafury phones, I have one and it's great for the money, then wait a few months and spend the cash on an 11 series.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
deskpro2k3 said:

What is your phone? would need to know if that's in need of an update.

I misread this originally but you would only need to move from a 980TI right now if you are gaming at 1440 or 4k and it's a really bad time to upgrade imo.

Go for Amazon and buy a cheap android unbranded thing, I recommend Hafury phones, I have one and it's great for the money, then wait a few months and spend the cash on an 11 series.

giving away my Xiaomi Mi5 to my niece and had some extra to spend.

This is actually really good advice, thanks man. I think I'll go for more ram since I have only 16gb.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 12 May 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Neat. This is my year old PC so far:

CPU: Ryzen 1700X 3.60GHz
RAM: 64GB DDR4 2400MHz(2666MHz OC'ed)
GPU: Asus RX 580 8GB OC edition
Storage: 256GB M.2 and two 1TB SSD
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
Case: Coolermaster Silencio
Monitor: BenQ EX3501R 35" UWQHD HDR10 Curved Monitor 100Hz FreeSync 4ms Port HDMI USB-C

My next rig is coming next year, and it'll be mini-itx PC! Yes, i'm going to make smaller PC. xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60 GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080

That's all that's important right?

Carl said:
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60 GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080

That's all that's important right?

But do you have it covered in Christmas tree lights? I mean.... LEDs

CPU: i7-6700k @4ghz
GPU: GTX 1080ti Aorus edition
RAM: Corsair 16gb DDR4
Storage: 1 2tb HDD WD Black and multiple SSD's.
Monitor: Acer Predator 1440p 144hz G-sync.

Tower: Corsair - Vengeance C70

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"