Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Multi Platform Release Date Moved Foward

curl-6 said:

Hitting Switch same day as Wolfenstein II then.

Gotta admit I kinda expected them to delay the Switch version, release it digitally only, or otherwise handicap it.

It's still not confirmed if the physical version is a proper physical version or requires a mandatory download. You can never be sure with AAA third party publishers.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Hitting Switch same day as Wolfenstein II then.

Gotta admit I kinda expected them to delay the Switch version, release it digitally only, or otherwise handicap it.

It's still not confirmed if the physical version is a proper physical version or requires a mandatory download. You can never be sure with AAA third party publishers.

True. Wouldn't surprise me if they still manage to find some way to screw consumers, they seem addicted to it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 May 2018

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

RolStoppable said:

curl-6 said:

True. Wouldn't surprise me if they still manage to find some way to screw consumers, they seem addicted to it.

Apparently the game weights only 5.2GB on Switch, so I'm pretty sure it won't need a download.

Vini256 said:
RolStoppable said:

curl-6 said:

Apparently the game weights only 5.2GB on Switch, so I'm pretty sure it won't need a download.

I know, but I worry it'll be 5.2Gb for the base game but with a mandatory download on top of that.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

How good are those 3 games compared to Wrath of Cortex? (I liked that one on Gamecube)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
manuel said:
How good are those 3 games compared to Wrath of Cortex? (I liked that one on Gamecube)

People think that game is the first bad one. I have never played it but that's what I heard. Apparently, these 3 Crash games are the only good ones. I don't know if it true but that is the consensus. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

curl-6 said:

I know, but I worry it'll be 5.2Gb for the base game but with a mandatory download on top of that.

I don't know, it would be weird for them to release the game weighting 5.2GB and then ask for a mandatory download even though there's space to spare in the actual cart (Since the cheapest ones are 8GB IIRC).

Vini256 said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know, it would be weird for them to release the game weighting 5.2GB and then ask for a mandatory download even though there's space to spare in the actual cart (Since the cheapest ones are 8GB IIRC).

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the first time a Switch dev has forced a mandatory download for a game that could've fit entirely on a cart.

killeryoshis said:
manuel said:

People think that game is the first bad one. I have never played it but that's what I heard. Apparently, these 3 Crash games are the only good ones. I don't know if it true but that is the consensus. 

If I liked the bad one, maybe I should get the collection. Thanks.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
killeryoshis said:

If I liked the bad one, maybe I should get the collection. Thanks.

I've only played the original 3 plus Crash Team Racing. I played them on PS1 and I repurchased them on PSP and played through them again. For some reason, o didn't really enjoy the trilogy this time.

I think a lot of enjoyment comes from the nostalgia. Gameplay has evolved quite a bit from 1996. What you have here is pretty much a straight port of some PS1 games with updated graphics but dated gameplay. They might even be a step backwards from that GameCube game you played. Even a mediocre 6th gen game would likely be a mind blowing 5th gen game.

...or maybe the series really did go downhill after Universal took over.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures