By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Multi Platform Release Date Moved Foward

Vini256 said:
curl-6 said:

I know, but I worry it'll be 5.2Gb for the base game but with a mandatory download on top of that.

I don't know, it would be weird for them to release the game weighting 5.2GB and then ask for a mandatory download even though there's space to spare in the actual cart (Since the cheapest ones are 8GB IIRC).

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the first time a Switch dev has forced a mandatory download for a game that could've fit entirely on a cart.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
manuel said:
How good are those 3 games compared to Wrath of Cortex? (I liked that one on Gamecube)

People think that game is the first bad one. I have never played it but that's what I heard. Apparently, these 3 Crash games are the only good ones. I don't know if it true but that is the consensus. 

If I liked the bad one, maybe I should get the collection. Thanks.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
killeryoshis said:

People think that game is the first bad one. I have never played it but that's what I heard. Apparently, these 3 Crash games are the only good ones. I don't know if it true but that is the consensus. 

I've only played the original 3 plus Crash Team Racing. I played them on PS1 and I repurchased them on PSP and played through them again. For some reason, o didn't really enjoy the trilogy this time.

I think a lot of enjoyment comes from the nostalgia. Gameplay has evolved quite a bit from 1996. What you have here is pretty much a straight port of some PS1 games with updated graphics but dated gameplay. They might even be a step backwards from that GameCube game you played. Even a mediocre 6th gen game would likely be a mind blowing 5th gen game.

...or maybe the series really did go downhill after Universal took over.

A very pleasant surprise. In line with Wolfenstein II. Hmm, which one to play first..

d21lewis said:
manuel said:

I've only played the original 3 plus Crash Team Racing. I played them on PS1 and I repurchased them on PSP and played through them again. For some reason, o didn't really enjoy the trilogy this time.

I think a lot of enjoyment comes from the nostalgia. Gameplay has evolved quite a bit from 1996. What you have here is pretty much a straight port of some PS1 games with updated graphics but dated gameplay. They might even be a step backwards from that GameCube game you played. Even a mediocre 6th gen game would likely be a mind blowing 5th gen game.

Hmmm... I wish they'd put out a demo or something.

Around the Network
manuel said:
How good are those 3 games compared to Wrath of Cortex? (I liked that one on Gamecube)

Wrath of Cortex gets a lot of flak because it's the start of the "bad" trend of games in the series, but it's really not all that bad as people like to make out on silly internet forums. The main "problem" with it back then was that it was more of the same without really introducing anything new outside of a few gimmick levels. It lacked originality. It's not as good as the original trilogy sure, but it's still a good package on its own.

I wait in doubtful hope that it's going to be DLC for the Nsane Trilogy. Would be a great little addition if they're not gonna do CTR.

Twinsanity is also fantastic.

-

I just got my preorder in on Switch with Amazon, only £26. Seems like a bargain.

Carl said:
manuel said:

Wrath of Cortex gets a lot of flak because it's the start of the "bad" trend of games in the series, but it's really not all that bad as people like to make out on silly internet forums. The main "problem" with it back then was that it was more of the same without really introducing anything new outside of a few gimmick levels. It lacked originality. It's not as good as the original trilogy sure, but it's still a good package on its own.

I wait in doubtful hope that it's going to be DLC for the Nsane Trilogy. Would be a great little addition if they're not gonna do CTR.

Twinsanity is also fantastic.

-

I just got my preorder in on Switch with Amazon, only £26. Seems like a bargain.

I hope it'll be similarly cheap in Japan.

manuel said:
d21lewis said:

Hmmm... I wish they'd put out a demo or something.

Nobody does that anymore. Playing a demo would confirm that you actually don't want to buy the game lol. 

Ka-pi96 said:
manuel said:

I hope it'll be similarly cheap in Japan.

You have book off, of course it will be cheap (eventually)!

Praise be to Book Off!