By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 18): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 30 - May 6, 2018 (Golden Week)

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Where were you told that? The baseline is not 30-35k That's incredibly foolish. The PS4 is 5 years old and is a dedicated home console with an increasingly Western focus. It's not going to have almost the same baseline as the 2nd year of Nintendo's latest portable/home console.

It released in Feb 2014 so closer to 4 years than 5.

I dont disagree with what youre saying, just pointing that out.

Thanks for the correction. I meant that the PS4 is in its 5th year, derp.

Around the Network

Labo almost 200k!
Kirby almost 500k!
Splatoon 2 almost 2.3mil!
MK8D at 1.5mil!
Zelda almost 1mil at Switch alone!
Arms 400k!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

kirby007 said:
So vgc users are way over xone ps4 and 3ds
The ns and psv look pretty good

The Xbox One prediction is especially bad. I think the only time it was close to 2k was after the Xbox One X release.

Signature goes here!

kirby007 said:
So vgc users are way over xone ps4 and 3ds
The ns and psv look pretty good

You might want switch PS4 & PSV lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

XD84 said:
Due to the pre order numbers of COMG I expected that the baseball game would easily beat Donkey Kong. Obviously the ape crushed the bat.

It had a good COMG Ratio! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Tropical Freeze did about 2.5x as much as the Wii U version and just slightly under Returns 3D (probably about the same with digital).

That is Crazy! I hope more people understand why we are also getting Wii U ports. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:
XD84 said:
Due to the pre order numbers of COMG I expected that the baseball game would easily beat Donkey Kong. Obviously the ape crushed the bat.

Huh? the baseball game is ahead of DK for now as COMG predicted. And weekly COMG predicted the DK win this week, if that's what you meant.

1. NSW Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze  109
2. PS4 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu  54

I was talking about the pre order numbers.

Last day:

Baseball PS4 61

Donkey Kong 23

But obviously the week numbers indicate that Donkey Kong sold better. Thank you for your correction.

Wow that Switch software dominance!

PS4 will no doubt fall back to a ~20k baseline in the coming weeks.

Labo looking real strong. Surprised at how well the variety kit is selling. Definitely a win for such a niche product.

Woah, great sales. Looks like Labo is holding nice. DKCTF did okay in my book. Could have been a bit more, 100k-ish. Switch dominates again. PS4 is around the same max number I feel.

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:
Tropical Freeze did about 2.5x as much as the Wii U version and just slightly under Returns 3D (probably about the same with digital).

That is Crazy! I hope more people understand why we are also getting Wii U ports. 

I think the original ended up shipping like ~1.2 million globally, i think this time it will do 2-3 million.

Captain Toad is next! One of my favorite Wii U games, hopefully this time is blows past 1 million globally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.