By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the Nintendo Online Service might be not as bad as you think.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

I really can't figure out Nintendo's refusal for simple voice chat and messaging features. Are they really that convinced they will somehow harm their brand reputation as a kid friendly console? Because if so, they're clearly clueless about all the 8 and 9 year olds out there playing Fortnite with voice chat.

And I have to concur with those saying that offering NES titles in 2018 is basically equivalent to a zero value. It should at least be SNES titles. 

Ever heard the usual trash talk in voice chat? i'd almost pay to get voicechat removed, that's how horrible it is at most times. On PC, I disable voice chat before changing the graphics settings. Voicechat for me is TS3 or bust.

Voice chat with your friends is completely different. Shouldn't be confined to some ridiculous convoluted app. 

Around the Network

Lol there is no defending this AT ALL. It's complete crap

Ka-pi96 said:
It doesn't have voice chat... so yeah it is as bad as I think.

It's just that it does have voice chat via the app.

Why do people think its bad? Seems like a great value.

$34 for a family account that includes cloud storage and free NES games? Done. Hell just sign up with a bunch of friends.

The only negative is still the separation with the app vs all being included in the Switch. Maybe it'll turn out awesome once its launched, but I have my reservations on that.

However, that does not mean the value of the online service isn't anything but stellar.

Ka-pi96 said:
bowserthedog said:

It's just that it does have voice chat via the app.

I'm a Windows phone user, so I'm pretty sure there's no voice chat at all...

Besides, having to use two devices for something that can and is done on 1 by everybody else is just a stupid idea.

I don't agree with the decision. I don't like it. It's just that it's really false to suggest there is no voice chat.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
pastro243 said:

It wasn't that bad, besides, it was 2006 and it was free at first

It didn't seem terrible because it was free.  Nintendo's service wouldn't seem terrible if it was free either.  Basically Nintendo's service is a bad value right now.  It should be free.  PSN did it right by starting free, and now they've worked on it for several years they can get away with charging money for it.

I can agree with that 

Ka-pi96 said:
bowserthedog said:

I don't agree with the decision. I don't like it. It's just that it's really false to suggest there is no voice chat.

It's not false at all though. For those of us that don't have a phone for their app there really is no voice chat whatsoever.

It exists you just have to have the right thing for it.

It would be like if you said that the Wii doesn't support motion plus because it doesn't support it for those who don't own it.