Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Days Gone - New Gameplay [Game Informer]

LudicrousSpeed said:
Hope they show some more interesting horde locations. The one from E3 had a lot of paths and interactive elements. This just had some explosive barrels and dudes running in circles.

Probably one of the first (if not the first) hordes you come across.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Zoombael said:
Something to be really concerned about for a change.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/05/days_gone_wont_have_an_easy_mode_or_any_other_difficulty_options

Concerned for what exactly? Not every game needs an easy mode lol... imagine if the Souls games had an easy mode option, they just wouldn't be the same :P 

It needs an explanation? And why do you assume i was referring to a missing easy mode?

I am the type who "always" goes for the difficulty level above normal. This was also the case with Horizon Zero Dawn. Alas, it was still too easy, or maybe rather unbalanced.

Hunting Season is done...

Breaking down the gameplay loop:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/17/breaking-down-days-gone-s-gameplay-loops.aspx

While we got a good look at some of Days Gone's main gameplay loops, players can expect plenty of other surprises along the way. "There's a lot of stuff in the open world," Jensen says. "There's a lot of content. We have roughly 1,200 dynamic events that can occur throughout the regions." From roadside ambushes to massive freaker hordes, Sony Bend is pulling out all the stops to make Days Gone its biggest and most ambitious game yet.

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 17 May 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Another vid after the great article nobody read from yesterday:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/18/revealing-the-ambitious-development-of-days-gone.aspx

The PS5 Exists. 

Oct 2019 would help a lot for the High Season. TLOU2 would sell like hot cakes. And I can’t wait.

Days Gone? I would release it in Jun 2019.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

My physical copy of gameinformer magazine came today. The article about Days Gone by Jeff Cork starts on page 50 and ends on page 63. He did a great job writing it and the game sounds incredible. I like that if you and I where to make a play through of this game. Our freedom of choice alters the narrative and carries real impact on the gameplay experience. It's inevitable that we will have two vastly alternate paths playing this game. The game even has multiple endings. I'm excited, hope it sells many millions.

I hope they don't reveal TOO much of what is in the game.

The PS5 Exists. 

that's definitely a hit!

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

GribbleGrunger said:

they have kinda barely shown much so I dont think this will be a problem. 

twintail said:
GribbleGrunger said:

they have kinda barely shown much so I dont think this will be a problem. 

It's said to be a huge map so it's likely you're right. I just want there to be plenty of surprises ... as well as the jank ironing out. 

The PS5 Exists.