By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New details about the Nintendo online services surfaces!

I hope close to Sep we have a thread to share the sub between 8 players.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:
All i wanted was cloud-saving, now i can actually take my Switch out of my house.

You mean it was that hard to just take it out of the dock and take it with you on a road trip?

More the extreme fear of losing my Zelda and Xenoblade saves

edit: Yes  know i am being ridiculous

Last edited by melbye - on 08 May 2018

Ljink96 said:
People complain about buying VC games for the millionth time...then they complain bout there being no Virtual Console...smh.

People also went on about “there should be a netflix-like subscription service” and then Nintendo adds that, and puts online multiplayer into the games, and has it for WAY cheaper than expected, and with Vloud saving and other features added. People complain. Haha =P

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same people complaining every time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Ljink96 said:
People complain about buying VC games for the millionth time...then they complain bout there being no Virtual Console...smh.

People also went on about “there should be a netflix-like subscription service” and then Nintendo adds that, and puts online multiplayer into the games, and has it for WAY cheaper than expected, and with Vloud saving and other features added. People complain. Haha =P

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same people complaining every time.

You must have read my mind, 100% agreed. They add the stuff everyone was talking about, made it cheap and cloud and they still aren't satisfied. We don't even know the full details about how classic games will be delivered, Nintendo said they wouldn't be doing it under the Virtual Console brand. People just love to jump the gun on Nintendo news and not wait for the entire story. I'm almost certain it's the same people every time, it has to be. 

Jumpin said:
Medisti said:

It doesn't have anything but NES games, and only a select few of them. Online play sure will be useful in Legend of Zelda and many of those other "take-turns" kind of games like Super Mario Bros.

You missed the part where it said more games were coming. The Wii virtual console began with even fewer games than that and ended off several hundred.

And as of right now there is no confirmation that it's anything but NES games. They said SNES early on and then backpedaled. If they announce more systems, then I'll change my stance, but I'm going off of what has currently been announced.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

The thing is: VC games on Switch that you already bought on 3DS, Wii or Wii U (and are connected to the same Nintendo account) should be free for you.

Let the Switch owners pay for these games who didn't already buy them on a different Nintendo system... these should be more than enough people to make the VC-support on Switch profitable. No need to milk their core base on every new platform again for the same emulated ROMs... give them access to their already bought games on the new platform and they will probably spend additional money on OTHER VC games they didn't buy yet.

Digital PS1 games you bought once can be played on PSP, Vita and PS3 (if they use the same PSN account)... and I'm disappointed in Sony that they didn't include PS4 hardware for that cross-buy feature.

Jranation said:
Pok87 said:
I hope they add SNES and DS games in the future.

Ds might be hard because of touch screen and dual screen. Which both are hard to implement playing on TV. 

Games from GBA would also be good :)

I'm assuming everyone single person that is complaining about the extra $15 for 8 accounts does not pay for online on their Xbox or PS4 right now.

Medisti said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

I fail to see how it's gimped when you get 20 games for $20 a year and they added online multiplayer. If anything else that sounds to me like a major step up then having to pay $8 for just one of those games. And odds are they'll be adding other games from previous systems down the line for virtually free, so I'm not complaining.

I wont argue those other two points though, it's a fair judgement

It doesn't have anything but NES games, and only a select few of them. Online play sure will be useful in Legend of Zelda and many of those other "take-turns" kind of games like Super Mario Bros.

It could be used for a leaderboard of sorts.

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Most likely is. People just like to complain.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they wanted Nintendo to have a Netflix-like subscription service. Like, seriously, ever.

Also, online multiplayer has already existed in Nintendo games for well over a decade now and it's always been free. It's also always been crap, but this service doesn't show any signs yet of improving it, so you're basically just paying for something you never have. Cloud saving is also free in every other platform.

Some of you really should take time to think about your complaints the online was inconsistent because it was free features like servers and all cost money to maintain PSN was just as bad if not worse when it first started out and was free, the whole point of the subscription is to improve the service for the future. Cloud saving is also not free on PS4.