By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cloud Saving is coming to Nintendo Switch! And more...

Mnementh said:
Something very important is missing here: communication with your friends. Nintendo took away Miiverse without bringing any substitution so far, so I'm basically can't communicate with some of my friends of the WiiU/3DS-era, although we refreshed our connection with Switch. it bothers me to no end, and this announcement still has no mention of communication. This sucks.

Really, this. I want to give Nintendo a pass because I love them but this is really unacceptable. on PlayStation and Xbox, even if I'm not playing online with them, I like seeing what everyone is doing. I like seeing their screenshots, "liking" their activities, and trying to outscore their Trophies/Achievements. In that regard, my Nintendo Switch really is a lonely experience.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Just an FYI, XBO offers free totally unlimited cloud saves for everyone.

Yeah, I'm a bit iffed about cloud saves being put behind a paywall. It's a service that should be free.

20 free games is really good for a new model. Since I play much online, I'm gonna wait until SNES games drop

Click HERE and be happy 

nice features to have.

ashame, i dont need online, but i will have all the NES, SNES games I want.

Mnementh said:
Something very important is missing here: communication with your friends. Nintendo took away Miiverse without bringing any substitution so far, so I'm basically can't communicate with some of my friends of the WiiU/3DS-era, although we refreshed our connection with Switch. it bothers me to no end, and this announcement still has no mention of communication. This sucks.

The Miiverse started out brilliantly, but then people started being nasty on it and the population plummeted. I can see why Nintendo didn’t want to have that burden anymore. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of social appplications get added in for Pokemon and Animal Crossing though.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Yerm said:
hoping for some of that good Classic Edition emulation. the Wii U NES emulator was kinda garbage

You could always go to Ebay and get the real deal. That's what I did. I hardly ever play emulated classics.

I've started down that road as well and this is kind of the last straw for me on digital libraries. I definitely don't want to be paying for a "streaming service" when it comes to my games. I don't even like streaming that much for movies. TV shows are fine.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Getting "free" games might sound nice but I'm personally not a big fan of getting stuff that you only have access to as long as you pay for the subscription. I'd rather buy them.

I very much hope that Nintendo won't go the route where they raise the price for the subscription and then justify the price by adding "free" stuff. Just let me pay for the online part (it's bad enough that I have to pay for that), and if I want a bunch of random games I may or may not want or need I'll get a humble bundle.

Does anyone know what Cloud service there using?
I wonder if Nintendo are going with MS cloud service..

Azzanation said:

Be a whole lot cooler if they did. They already (from what I've heard) plan on letting you get M$ Achievements on the Switch version of Minecraft. I'd feel more comfortable if they let Microsoft handle that aspect of their console. 

d21lewis said:
Azzanation said:

Be a whole lot cooler if they did. They already (from what I've heard) plan on letting you get M$ Achievements on the Switch version of Minecraft. I'd feel more comfortable if they let Microsoft handle that aspect of their console. 

It would be a great combination and both brands win. Nintendo gain access to one of the best Cloud networks in the world and MS make money off the Switches success. It will creat healthier competition between the two.