Batman: Arkham City 1 0.86%

Infamous 2 0 0%

Other 11 9.48%

Total:116

Xenoblade X

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
TranceformerFX said:
Grand Theft Auto 3 is the best open world game ever made. Most of the open world games on this poll have no regard for open world games that helped define the genre into what it is today. Witcher 3? Breath of the Wild? Those games have only been out a few years, it's irrational to put those on the list as they have yet to prove their place.

Sorry to sound condescending, but putting games that are only a few years old on a "Best Of" list is juvenile, and incredibly short sighted.

Poll says "best", you're describing "most influential". Not the same thing.

So if "best" and "influential" don't go hand in hand. Then I'm guessing the most "technological" is exclusive for the title of "best"?

2007's Crysis was a technological marvel, but it didn't do shit for the video game medium nor the genre it's derived from. So I hope you're not basing "best open world" based on graphics. 

curl-6 said:
TranceformerFX said:
Grand Theft Auto 3 is the best open world game ever made. Most of the open world games on this poll have no regard for open world games that helped define the genre into what it is today. Witcher 3? Breath of the Wild? Those games have only been out a few years, it's irrational to put those on the list as they have yet to prove their place.

Sorry to sound condescending, but putting games that are only a few years old on a "Best Of" list is juvenile, and incredibly short sighted.

It seems your definition of best is whats the technically most accomplished. Doesnt make a lot of sense. For movies, books, painting, and all other forms of entertainment/art we can look back and appreciate the greatness of old works even when compared to modern ones. There are black and white movies that still trump virtually everything released over the past 5 years in film.

Only played very few, but the ones I like are BotW and XenoX.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Recently: Witcher 3
Past: destroy all humans (want a sequel!)

Around the Network

rOBLOX

Xenoblade X

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

It seems your definition of best is whats the technically most accomplished. Doesnt make a lot of sense. For movies, books, painting, and all other forms of entertainment/art we can look back and appreciate the greatness of old works even when compared to modern ones. There are black and white movies that still trump virtually everything released over the past 5 years in film

TranceformerFX said:
curl-6 said:

So if "best" and "influential" don't go hand in hand. Then I'm guessing the most "technological" is exclusive for the title of "best"?

2007's Crysis was a technological marvel, but it didn't do shit for the video game medium nor the genre it's derived from. So I hope you're not basing "best open world" based on graphics. 

I'm not basing my position on technology at all. "Best" is simply a matter of personal opinion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 May 2018

BoTW with Skyrim second. I loved BoTW for so many reasons and Skyrim blew me away when I first played it and then hooked me with its many glitches and hilariously broken gameplay and environmental interactions. It’s rare that I play a game where a lack of attention to detail in development actually enriches and enhances the experience haha

I say out of the list above, Breath Of The Wild and Red Dead Redemption. Not counting MMO's, those are two I can say I've enjoyed the most for its open world.

If I had to add an ''other'' then I'd choose ES Oblivion

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick